Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    This was your first post:

Were telling you how to easily correct this problem, yet you refuse to listen to reason.

Do you want to know what spring rate to use? Buy the motherfucking stiffest springs you can find. No joke.
    Because I do not want sway bars and I have explained in scrutinous detail why that is. If anyone is not listening to reason it is everyone who continues to ignore this and tell me how stupid I am.

Springs are worn. Which springs would be an improvement.

Which springs.

Springs.

S
    P
    R
    I
    N
    G
    S
    89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ootdega View Post
      Because I do not want sway bars and I have explained in scrutinous detail why that is. If anyone is not listening to reason it is everyone who continues to ignore this and tell me how stupid I am.

Springs are worn. Which springs would be an improvement.

Which springs.

Springs.

S
      P
      R
      I
      N
      G
      S
      Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

Do you want to know what spring rate to use? Buy the motherfucking stiffest springs you can find. No joke.

this has been answered in spades now, however I will offer an alternative. Install a custom-turned hunk of 4x4 lumber of the proper length. No body roll possible.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow.

Just wow.

I want an improvement. A slight improvement. Or even just the same fucking stock springs. THESE ARE WORN. THEY ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I NEED NEW ONES. HOW DO I GET THEM.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD.
        89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ootdega View Post
          THEY ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY.
          No, your car is not working properly, big difference.

These should fix it though

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The larger point here is that you are probably misdiagnosing the problem. If the car sits at the right height, the springs aren't bad. Period. Thats it. I can also tell you from direct experience that even with worn out springs, these cars do not handle like "a half-conscious hippo" unless something not at all related to the springs is screwed up.

Other handling problems are a result of other faults, and parts that have been removed would constitute a fault. Also, just to be clear here, in stock form there is a front bar, but no rear bar. If the front bar has been removed, and the complaint is excessive body roll, there IS NO WAY TO FIX THIS short of putting the missing parts back on.

If the issue is only in the back, AND the front parts are as they should be, then the condition of the bushings and such should be looked at.

Bottom line here is that you need to diagnose the real cause of the problem before you chuck parts at it. Collectively we have been attempting to guide you in the direction of finding out what the actual problem is so the proper solution can be found. Making a solution fit the problem is a sure fire recipe for failure. I've tried to do this. It doesn't work.

Also, considering you were told multiple times to get stiff springs if you wish the car to attempt to handle without installing a sway bar, and you indicated that you read the sticky that has the sources for these things, I don't see what further question is being asked here. Get stiff springs. See the sticky for sources. What else is there you wish to query if you're not keen on taking other suggestions? The stiffer the spring, the rougher it rides. Thats really all there is to it. No need for fancy suspension math or any of that, harder springs are harder.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Swaybars? Where we're going, we don't need swaybars.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

For the love of all that is good, just, and sacred in this world will someone just tell me where and how to get some different fucking springs?
                89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

Nothing, huh? Kay.

Can't just improve something a little bit, can I? Nah, that'd be stupid. How would you do that?

Nah, it's either "beached whale from an ocean of Vaseline" or SUPER SUPER DRIVER I'M SUPER DRIVER YEAH.

Wanna improve the body roll just a little bit? NO. YOU NEED SPRINGS MADE OF DIAMOND SO YOU GO THUD THUD THUD OVER EVERYTHING.

Unless you wanna do ssswwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!

Yeah, I remember the SLAAAAM I felt every time my grandma went over absolutely anything in her Sentra. Love it. Can't get enough.

I remember the SWING SWANG SWING SWANG SWING SWANG SWING SWANG my mother's Suburban does every time it turns into a parking lot. Or the KUNK it does over that one pothole on the corner right before it slams me into the door. Like it. Love it. Want some more of it.

I remember the THUNKTHUD my friend's Forester did on every pothole on earth. To this day I can't understand why they got rid of it. Might've been the chiropractor appointments. BUT IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE SSSWWWAAAAAAY BAAAAAARS. Nope.

And then there's the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad fact that my car can go over any and all of these obstacles in direct succession AND I BARELY NOTICE THEM.

Screw this car, man. I want to be flung around like I'm in the back of a cement mixer in a demolition derby whenever I drive anywhere.
                  89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

Are you trying to start a fight... you got responses from some of, if not the most knowledgeable people on the site... don't like what they say piss off go spend money and experiment with whatever you think will make your ride handle and ride the way you want.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                      Are you trying to start a fight... you got responses from some of, if not the most knowledgeable people on the site... don't like what they say piss off go spend money and experiment with whatever you think will make your ride handle and ride the way you want.
                      No, I think I'm done venting now.

When you're frustrated sometimes you don't care who hears you rant.
                      89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

I think this has gone far past the point of trolling.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yep... and I fed into it like a dumb ass
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            I think this has gone far past the point of trolling.
                            Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                            Yep... and I fed into it like a dumb ass
                            I actually wasn't. I'm just that dumb sometimes.

I could save face and claim that I was, but I'm not a liar.

I'm gonna check the junkyard the next time I have money to spare. All of it is going to my computer this month.
                            89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

I think there are some "communication issues" in what the OP wants (which he is probably not sure about) and the rest of us trying to help. Hopefully we can clarify the issues and provide the help required. If the requests are not technologically clear providing answers only produces frustration for all. I do know most (if not all) of the folks here have nearly infinite patience. Of course, most people have their limits so it is best, for all concerned, not to test them. I know it can be VERY frustrating when you have car issues and can't get them fixed promptly but we do need to rein in the impulses to take it out on those trying to help. Remember, everyone here are under no obligation to respond/help and are some of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I have ever run across on ANY site! If possible, let us calmly state our problems and kindly accept the advice given. Sometimes, we have to have a "give and take" as the issue is being worked out - remember, the folks here are trying to diagnose the issues without even seeing it so there will be questions to narrow things down. Now, let's fix some cars!!!!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Heavier springs? Buy some moog police springs 1998 model year.

But understand that what you are asking for and what you are telling us are contradicting each other.
                                ie: like it on rough roads as it is. don't like the wallow when turning. don't want a sway bar. want stiff springs.

You are asking for things that counter-act each other. You either get yourself a car that rides the logging roads nice, or you get a car that turns nice. The answer to one problem is going to work against you for another. Since you insisted most heavily on turning quality as the problem, you are going to get answers that better suit improoved turning.

Alex.
                                Last edited by GM_Guy; 02-28-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X