Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    Where are their products made now?
    Some stuff is still made in the US, some stuff is from Mexico, pretty sure one of my latest purchases came from somewhere in Asia. Tho to be honest place of manufacture doesn't mean much these days - seen some pretty impressive fuck-ups proudly stamped with "Made in the USA", and some Chinese-made parts that are vastly superior to what our domestic folks came up with. IMHO we're at the point where buying a reputable brand doesn't automatically mean you'll get a good part, it only means that the chance of the part being a hot mess is somewhat lower. So inspect the stuff you get folks, open them boxes before you leave the store, and if something looks even remotely questionable demand a replacement right then and there.

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    The parts that I will be getting from the junkyard are
    Upper and lower arms
    Spindle
    Brake caliper bracket (the one that hold it)
    And I think the hubs would be fine but I'll check
    Also the sway bar I was thinking that maybe it would be better than the 88 but not sure.
    Measure your swaybar now, compare it to the one in the yard - the fatter one will generally make your car more stable in the corners. Other than that, sounds like you're on the right track.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

If you change the sway bar to the later style, you'll need the later style end links as well. The old ones attach to the lower arm, the later ones attach to the top of the spindle. The old ones used a pair of rubber donuts for mounting, the later ones have a ball joint at the top and a threaded stud at the bar. Its much more solid with less flex in it, so even for the same size bar you tend to get somewhat improved handling just because it doesn't have the endlink to compress as much. Its also out closer to the wheel, so there is a leverage advantage as well.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Upper control arms ✔️
        Last edited by Elias; 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

It's from a 1994 Marquis

Comment

Looks like it was replaced very recently.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Also the 1998 passengers side brake cable

Comment

Idk the bushing don't look that new

Comment

This the car they will be going on I think next week I will get the brake spindle and hubs

Comment

Make sure you got the nuts and adjuster cams that mount the upper ball joint on the control arm. Looks like the upper ball joint was torched off or something.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Make sure you got the nuts and adjuster cams that mount the upper ball joint on the control arm. Looks like the upper ball joint was torched off or something.

Are u talking about these nuts

Comment

When I went to the junkyard I seen some driver side brake cables that spit in the line. So I need the One that just has one line right. And that the one without abs right

And I appreciate all the advice and help everyone is giving me y'all really helping me do this right 👊🏼👊🏼🍻🍻

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                          Are u talking about these nuts
                          Yup, those are it. The smaller nylock-type nuts are actually not a big deal, any good hardware place (so not Lowes or HD) will have them. The large ones with the flanges are the real important ones, as they are eccentric (hole is offcenter) and are specifically made for this application, cannot be bought anywhere but a dealer or junkyard (and I suppose ebay too, maybe). Do you have the full set of four?

I'm not qute sure I follow on the brake cable thing - are you talking about the emergecy/parking brake cable? Cause what you picked up for the passenger side is actually a hose, not a cable. You can actually buy both parking brake cables and caliper hoses new, and they are reasonably priced - I would definitely recommend doing that with the hoses, it's really not worth taking chances with old ones like that with unknown history. But yes, driver-side hose from an ABS car will look just like the one you picked up. If you get a hose for a non-ABS car it will have two line ports on it, and you'll have to either plug one of them, or rerun your entire front passenger-side brake line. The ABS front hoses are single-port, as they each receive their own brake line from the ABS HCU. If your brake lines are good you can just bend them a little, then use the SAE-to-metric adapters to hook them up to the newer ABS hoses. Do keep in mind the adapters need to be threaded and tightened into the hoses first, then you hook up the lines to the adapters.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I think he means the brake hose.

The one with the split is non-ABS. You need the ones without the split, which are found on ABS cars.

And yeah, those are the nuts you need. The big adjuster cams are the important ones.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I think he means the brake hose.

The one with the split is non-ABS. You need the ones without the split, which are found on ABS cars.

And yeah, those are the nuts you need. The big adjuster cams are the important ones.

Oo yeah meant the brake hose

So the ones with abs is the ones I would need. I will be going Wednesday to get the driver side hose and both spindle
                              And brake calipers holders ( what ever they are called. The ones that hold the calipers to the spindle)

Comment

Caliper brackets or caliper bridges, depending on where you shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X