Some More Brake Upgrade Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some More Brake Upgrade Questions

This should be quick, I think. I was scouting the junkyard for PI swaybars for my '05 MGM. All of the PI's were in the water, but there was a 2000 Lincoln TC without its front sheet metal sitting in front. So I am thinking of grabbing its front suspension, but I wanted to confirm that this what you guys do. Looking at the Sticky, it looks like I can grab the UCA and LCA, spindles, and calibers. I might just grab everything so that when I get new calibers and rotors, I can match them up. Let me know if this is the right thing to do. Thank You

Packman

Forgot to mention that I still have the cross-shafts from the original suspension that came on the '86 CV. This leads to the question I should have posted in the first place. Do I get the same poly bushings that I did for the first front suspension rebuild? Or does the '00 Panthers require different bushings?

Packman

Comment

They are different and 00 style are different between pi and civilian
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

The bushings match the arm. The shafts are all the same.

You don't need the lower control arms, but you can use them and rebuild them ahead of time. just make sure the bushings match their original application, same as with the upper arms.

I'm not sure that the late LCA has the holes for the early style sway bar. You can either put them there, or swap the bar to the later type. Given the choice, I'd probably go later. Less mush and flex in that setup vs the donuts and washer bullshit the 80s got.

The easier way to do it is use 92-95 upper arms since they already have the shaft, but if you're hard set on building your own you can. Or buy Logan's since they are already ready to go and just bolt the parts on.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

IIRC, the lower had the holes for the sway bar; it's just being blocked in the pic by the sway bar. I might pull that front suspension apart since it's easily accessible, and see how it looks with the stock shafts I have. Yes Gadget, I would like to have it all set up and ready to install when the time comes. I did that 4 years ago and almost had the front end rebuilt in 1 day; that was until I broke the brake line.

Comment

Working...
          X