Side door chrome trim removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side door chrome trim removal?

Hello everyone! Can't remember the last time I posted here.

I found a 1990 Grand Marquis in a pick 'n pull yard here, car is absolutely mint with 118k km (73k miles), not a spot of rust anywhere, vinyl roof looks new as does the paint! Engine is gone, complete otherwise.

I'd like to take all the chrome trimming around and on the side doors, how does it all come off? I know the one around the vinyl top is screws, are all the rest clips? How about the smaller trim directly around the side windows?

It's in pristine condition, I'd like to remove it as best as I can without bending or kinking any of it.

On a side note, does anyone need parts off this car? Drivers side fender and both doors are pristine, passenger side rear door as well. Hood and bumpers are also perfect. I am in Ottawa Ontario. Hate to see such good parts go to waste. It is dark brown with a light brown interior.

Thanks!
    1989 Ford LTD Crown Victoria, 302, AOD, 160,000km (99k miles)

To many other Fords to list!

Where are you at?

Take the horns, if they measure >0.7ohms. If the door trim is like it is on Town Cars then it should just be two 3/8" nuts on each end of the door...
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The side glass trim on the top and sides is just a press fit. It's tight but does pull off. The wider bottom window trim has a couple nuts iirc; you'll have to remove the door panel to get to it.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ah perfect, I taught so but wanted to make sure before removing the door panel.
        1989 Ford LTD Crown Victoria, 302, AOD, 160,000km (99k miles)

To many other Fords to list!

Comment

Where are you located? If near Queens NY I can help out no problem.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
          X