floor shifter in box marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floor shifter in box marquis

i have been searching for days, am trying to decide if I want to go the b&m/Hurst shifter route in my 89 colony park, or if anyone has sucessfully used a crown vic lx console and floor shifter or a newer floor shifter from a lincoln continental or ford taurus and if they were able to mate the shifter to the aod transmissions. im pretty confident in my fab skills that I could make it look right, just need to see if anyone has been able to make it shift or even attempted it. I remember reading the one guy has that setup on his two door but think he has also swapped his drivetrain to a newer setup. thanks for letting me ramble.

If you can find an '80s (pre MN-12) T-bird with a floor shifter, that is a pretty much self-contained unit - it's a big aluminum casting that's only attached to the floor by four 1/4" or 5/16" bolts IIRC. Take that, cut a square hole in your trans tunnel, drop the T-bird shifter in, and drill holes in the sheetmetal to match its bolt pattern. As far as linkage goes, this shifter uses a cable from the factory, but there's little space for it in a Panther - fabbing up a solid linkage rod is a better idea. You'll also need the shift-lever from the side of the T-bird AOD, if you keep the Panther one the shift pattern will be backwards and gates obviously won't line up. You'll have to drop the transmission pan for this, you'll also need a 21mm wrench to undo the big nut that holds said lever in place, and something to pull the small roll pin that actually locates it in the case.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I used the B&M truck mega shifter. Tried the car version but its position was a bit awkward compared to what a factory position would be. So modified the truck version also needed the proper lever in the side of the trans as stated above rotating its angle 180* for proper pattern.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I am running Marauder console in my car.

Comment

Working...
        X