No announcement yet.

Cargo Coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my CC819 springs at advance in the spring. This is the car with them and the KYB GR2 f-150 shocks. first pic is stock, then jackup up and stock tires (looked dumb) then with the bigger 275/60/15's. I love the handling in the rear with this setup to and the ass is jacked up lots... but theres some pics to get an idea what the setup will do for you.
    good luck bud, andy
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Stock same-year police springs provide a good amount of ride height up front with a 302 in the car.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Best I have found is the whale front police springs and wagon rear springs. GIves plenty of height, and a decent ride. I can clear a 33" tire in all four fenders. Front needs to be trimmed so I can turn but still.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I just installed the Moog CC819 coils, and damn that's a lot of ride height. Great springs, though, now I see why everyone here seems to like them. Very, very stiff.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like P71 front springs (80090) and Wagon rears (CC819) come out on top.

Best I have found is the whale front police springs and wagon rear springs. GIves plenty of height, and a decent ride. I can clear a 33" tire in all four fenders. Front needs to be trimmed so I can turn but still.
            Do you have any measurements? Bottom of frame to ground, front and rear.

Alex.

Comment

Ill try to get it on the pavement tommorrow and see.I wanna say the front bumper is like 18" at the lowest point with a 30" tire I ussually run.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Measure at the frame if you can, more consistant car to car, especially if they moved the bumpers up/down/changed their overall size a bit year to year.

Alex.

Comment

oh wait, that car will be mine very shortly lol. to me, GMGT has a good stance with them springs in the back. what is the ride quality like, tom? is it the same ride as a station wagon?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

lol .... wagons kind of ride like crap. The tail typically makes two bounds over every bump, unless you've stiffened it slightly. Then it just rides kind of stiff.

Comment

Doing a bit of poking around, anybody ever use a cc803 spring in their box?

Original app is for early 70's Country Squires. 305lb/in. Should sit at a similar height as the cc819s if my calculations are correct, and the spec numbers are accurate for the various springs.

Alex.

Comment

what should i be looking under on rockauto for wagon springs? i am looking in the wrong categories methinks
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

It used to be under suspension... I see it is strangely lacking now. You can search cc819 in the part search box though and it'll show the apps (ie: 1989 country squire)
                          [look under crown victoria, suspension. Or Mercury Colony Park, it still has the spring section in the wagon section]

Alex.
                          Last edited by GM_Guy; 11-02-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

thanks!! i know little about suspension..do i need anything besides the springs (not counting tools) to put 'em in? I don't know if I should go with wagon springs all around or just in the back... It's either gonna be wagons or replacement stockers in the front.
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'm looking forward to trying my cut wagon springs in the front of my Vic.

Comment

Which wagon springs?

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                                X