The Bagged Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
    That air spring kit they show is for a vehicle with struts upfront. it si most likely a generic photo of a kit.

Yeah, all the kits look exactly alike, $1300 aint bad if I work enough this summer I might be able to afford it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Yes thats exactly the idea with the cap ontop of the spring, im just worried about shock relocation clearance on toe in toe out turns.... anyone know whether its better to mount shocks infront or behind the control arm?
      1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

The air bags with the red on them... that's a design where the shock is inside the air bag.
        www.ridetech.com lists it as a ShockWave. I'm sure this other company has their own name for their brand. Won't need an external shock with that. For $1300, they'd better include that shock-in-bag assembly. Otherwise, it's too expensive in my opinion.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Those Airbags in the pic with the red on them are for STRUT applications, the two bolt holes in the lower assembly bolt to the front spindles. they WILL NOT work on the front of a box. I do know what ur talkin about freshmeat the SHOCKWAVE does come in a application such as are front shock setup with the lower portion being a lower shock circle mount with the top being a treaded rod to go to the existing upper shock mount, only problem with this is that the spring pockets in the frame need to be made larger in diameter to accomidate for the airspring. I wanna keep my setup as close to stock as possible that way if i ever wanted to go back to sagspring suspention i can do so...
          1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

Heres the shock wave, its a shock and the air bag in one. http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/shockwave.asp

I wonder if a chevelle kit would work on our cars since the springs are the same. And the design is somewhat similar. Just a thought

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by LtMercDaddy
              Those Airbags in the pic with the red on them are for STRUT applications
              I'm aware of that. However, if the company lists the kit for a Crown Victoria, then that picture shouldn't be the actual kit. If it is, send it back with a subpoena to show in court because you're suing them for the emotional trauma of having to deal with fucking morons.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

www.airbagit.com does list the 1983-1991 Panther and it does have it listed as requiring a bag in the front instead of their strut assembly. Seems to be a situation of using the same photo, even if it's not a valid representation of the kit.

Comment

1400 isn't too bad....very tempting.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

4 way independent air spring suspention can actually be done for around 1,000 that i have priced out, and possibly cheaper if u could engineer a way to use the stock airprings outta towny or something.... and a slamed swaggon would be bad ass

Comment

I'm tempted, but I plan on doing open track racing with it, and autocross. I'll prolly be going with a custom 3 link in the rear with coilovers and a modified stock setup up front.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                      X