Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I 2nd this.

Originally posted by BoxMan
    If ya'll wanna get techincal about VIN codes...'87-'92 FLEET (Cop, Taxi, Fire) Crown Vics are P72, '93-current POLICE Crown Vics are P71 and FLEET (Taxi) are P72s. '87 is when the P7x codes started, before that they were P4x.
    What ^^^^he^^^^ said.
    '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
      True, but getting the filter addapter for the oil cooler lines is a big plus!
      That adapter comes with any aftermarket oil cooler.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

the police car we have is a 1989 and the wiring is much diffrent from the non police models the alternater on our's went out so we tryed to use the one from the grand M and it would not fit so if you take the alternater take the wiring too and the police car has a power steering cooler of sorts and a oil cooler i'd use the parts from the power steering cooler and add an oil cooler to it since the steering cooler is just a hard line in a loop plus it can hold more fluid with a better cooler grab the spottlights
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

AND THE FRONT ANTI SWAY BARS THEY ARE BIGGER

Comment

Make sure and grab the super quad-cam 32valve 5.8 liter with a supercharger, turbo and nitrous that produces 800 horsepower.

Oh wait, those don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
              the police car we have is a 1989 and the wiring is much diffrent from the non police models the alternater on our's went out so we tryed to use the one from the grand M and it would not fit so if you take the alternater take the wiring too and the police car has a power steering cooler of sorts and a oil cooler i'd use the parts from the power steering cooler and add an oil cooler to it since the steering cooler is just a hard line in a loop plus it can hold more fluid with a better cooler grab the spottlights
              The police model got a 100 amp externally regulated where most civi cars got a 65 amp internally regulated. The 100 is the same as the one on a Mark VII. Unless you already have a 100 amp jobbie tho, its not worth the hassle of installing one since the 3g is a higher output and less work to do.

The line from the in-radiator trans cooler to the external trans cooler is great to have. You can install an aftermarket cooler that performs better, and still have that nice clean cooler line install. The coolers are OK, not great, but installing a 20 year old cooler with unknown garbage in it may not be the best idea for the health and welfare of your transmission.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You could save the hassle of putting the police alternater in by getting a high output aftermaket mustang unit in like a powermaster 140 or 200 amp alternater that is if you need one that big. oh and over here new police units are hard to get so we had to rebuild it

Comment

i was gonna say take the sway bars, spot lights, brake setup, buckets, and bumpers if possible since they are smooth and no plastic
                  Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

um we got plastic and 8 holes in it too front and back

Comment

Nothing special bout the brakes on a police car, really.

Other than metal pistons for the calipers, and 11" drums in the rear. Not much to worry about.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the front A-arm bushings are harder to come by (hard to find+expencive)

Comment

i've gaot the tow package on my car so the brakes wouldnt be an upgrade i don't think. the guage cluster is already pulled and going to somone else. i'm working on a digital set up for mne i just haven't had the time to finish it. but ill nab the sway bars and the powersteering cooler sounds cool. no spotlight on this one and it has bench seats. no three pack of guages either but i does have the the 351 in it. any thing else i should look at????
                          sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

the rear control arm's on the police car have the bolt hole's to mount the anti sway bar so you want to grab those too. the stock rear control arm's have no bolt hole's

Comment

Some of them do...
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

ok i was unlucky then

Comment

Working...
                                X