Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivan D
    As you said, the TV cable is not an issue here.
    Which is a good thing, because I'd be fucked if it was- the Exploders had the 4R70W, which didn't have TV cable.

I'm thinking I'm gonna hit a junkyard and grab the throttle bracketry and cable, along with the cruise cable. I'm almost positive that would be my best bet.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

easy way to tell is the mounting of the spark plugs.......p heads the plugs go in almost 90 deg to the head
      hey save me the accy brackets off your explorer motor......need em for my volvo
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
        easy way to tell is the mounting of the spark plugs.......p heads the plugs go in almost 90 deg to the head
        hey save me the accy brackets off your explorer motor......need em for my volvo
        scott
        Yeah- I wasn't paying attention to all that, since I know they use the same throttle bracketry and that's all I was after. What do you think about stock Exploder throttle bracket and cables, Scott? Seems like it'd be easy.

I think the only bracket I got was the A/C. I'm not sure. I'll take pictures later. For now, I'm off to Hooters (my Iwanthertobemygirl called and we're gonna go grab some heartburn).
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Why not jsut get the lokar cable for EFI fords?
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

youre making it too hard........ditch that stupid 90 deg elbow, if you wat the intake to point the same as a mustang/mark7 use mark 7 tv and throttle cable
            i still think it's easiest to flip the upper and and just use your stock cables/bored stock egr spacer

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

You mean cable?

He isnt running a TV cable.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Re: Explorer Stuff...

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                It was built in 10/96, which leads me to believe it's not a P, but here are the engine pictures.
                Just examine your heads closer, or take some close ups which are a bit more clear. It should be obvious. P heads say GTP near the first head bolt in the front of the pass side head and back of the drivers side head as you look from the side/top. GT-40 heads just say GT. On each end of the heads there are either 3 or 4 vertical lines cast into them. 3 = GT40. 4 = GTP.

10/96 is 97 production. This will be an interesting point of trivia to see which you have.

Comment

It doesn't appear that your heads are drilled for smog from what little I can see in your pics. This would make me guess that you have P heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                    You can see that the EGR hole in the center is filled, meaning I have/had external EGR. Where do I go from here with it, Mercracer?
                    My vote is to proceed with no EGR......

Comment

I just realized that the pics at the top of this thread are not of your engine. Never mind..........

The cables don't care whether it is a P engine or not, as the throttle bodies are the same. The EGR spacers is what differs, and that has nothing to do with fitment.
                      I can post bracket pics tomorrow from an Explorer motor.

Comment

oh sorry scott had aod on the brain........esp with brian around lol

Comment

Curious of the factory Mustang headers will work with your GT40p heads. Are you planning to use them? If not, can you mock them up with spark plugs in and snap a couple photos. Thanks.

Tom

Comment

I'll see what I can do for you, Tommy... but I can tell you now, they won't work without melting plug wires. At least, that's what all the experienced folk have told me. Nonetheless, I'll mock it up for you.

Comment

Scott- I honestly think Exploder throttle brackets and cables would be a lot less work than cutting the throttle brackets at the blade, welding them together, chopping up either a Mustang type or a stock EGR spacer, and hoping everything works. This is my "keep it simple". Just seems like less work to me.

Mercracer- those pictures are of the GT-40 motor in the Explorer of the guy who bought my Jeep. It's his wife's Exploder, but I was able to get som pictures... just couldn't take anything apart, so I couldn't get more accurate pictures of the throttle attachments... but I think it would be obvious how it's supposed to look... and I have one of my cats climbing inside of my jacket. This is awkward.

Remind me not to post when drunk...

Comment

it's not a big deal dude......trying to save you some aggravation. heres some pics from erics directory

Comment

Working...
                                X