Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines gonna have the chrome valve covers and either Chrysler Industrial Red paint, or Chevrolet Orange-Red :evil:
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I did like my black oil pan until my dad decided he wanted a yellow oil pan.

Why yellow?
      "That's all I could find on the shelf."
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Picked up the passenger cylinder head today. Cleaning up everything tonight, letting it dry overnight and tomorrow, and painting tomorrow.
        :banana: :banana: :banana:
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Sweet!!! :golf:
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Shortblock almost done with paint... going to do the heads separately so I can get around them more easily than on the engine stand. Short block is currently air drying with a huge box fan- when it's dry enough I'm going to do the heads. While they're drying I'll clean out the cylinders and do the rest of the block prep for head installation.

Comment

...and I think next time, I'll be less lazy from the start and actually tape off the deck so there's less overspray clean-up after.

Comment

Looks like a smurf just shit out an engine

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                  ...and I think next time, I'll be less lazy from the start and actually tape off the deck so there's less overspray clean-up after.
                  The solvent that you are going to use to clean out your bores and deck and crank...etc...... will wreck the finish on your block and you will have to start over...

Comment

should done some masking....and cleaned the mating surfaces before painting
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Deffinitely should have taped off. Tiss very blue...

Comment

I'm not using solvent.
                        Gonna let it dry really well, then hit the deck with paint scraper (the gasket material is still on the deck, so it didn't stick to the deck itself) and the cylinder walls and pistons will be cleaned with a soft wheel that won't hurt the bores.

Comment

Good luck with that.......

Comment

Yeah. I'll let you know how it goes. I've never used these before, but talking to the guy who built my transmission, he said he uses these things every time he pulls a head and never has problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                              Yeah. I'll let you know how it goes. I've never used these before, but talking to the guy who built my transmission, he said he uses these things every time he pulls a head and never has problems.
                              Very specifically, what kind of wheel wouldn't hurt the finish on the bores?

Comment

I don't know. He's gonna bring me one later.

Comment

Working...
                                X