Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injectors are new to me. I'm going to splice the Explorer plugs into my stock harness. I have the harness out and ready for modification, but I left to go to the parts store before I actually got to it.
    The oil stuff will be cleaned this afternoon before it goes in tonight. The Explorer equipment is still on the oil stuff, so my threads are still fine- just gotta clean the surfaces.
    Chevyguy- that's about all Fram filters are good for, yes?
    Planning to have it dropped tonight!
    :banana: :banana:
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
      Originally posted by Anonymous
      Have you tried plugging those new injectors into the stock harness? my understanding is the connectors are different.
      You are correct. The difference can plainly be seen.
      How plainly? They hooked up with no problem. Here's a side-by-side of the old and new (old one's on the left, in case the dust didn't give it away).

Dare I say Mercracer was wrong for a change? (Kidding.)
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Here's a rough comparison between stock Mustang headers (still an upgrade compared to the stock lopo logs) and FRPPs natural finish headers.
        In case any of you were wondering.

You can kinda see how the stock headers are pinched A LOT and the flange provides plenty of room for improvement. I'm glad I made the purchase... they make the engine look SO much cooler.

Comment

Will the stock headers clear the spark plugs on the GT40p heads?

Comment

You tricked me with your pictures..... the new (yellow) ones were fuzzified in your pictures. I thought that you had what I have. I have an Explorer set with a harness that will not interchange. I keep forgetting to dig it out when I visit my storage. I will have to get pics of it.

Comment

I have one resquest, to practice at picture taking. Hold the item a little further away so that it's in focus. That's all.

Engine looks great! Can't wait till you finish.

Comment

Mercracer- hope you weren't offended; was only goofing on you. You're right nearly all the time, so I took advantage of pointing out a time you weren't... and I figured it was because you couldn't see the injectors well.

Blaze- I had better pictures, but I uploaded the wrong ones and I'm in the middle of stripping and relooming the wiring harness, so I didn't feel like fighting with getting the right ones loaded.

I'm hoping to have it ready to drop tonight, including swapping the motor mounts (which won't be fun, considering all the water on the ground from pressure-washing the engine bay). Once I get up, I'll drop the motor and hook up everything, then install the transmission and start cutting away. :chainsaw: MIGHT be done by this coming weekend, but my luck says that won't happen. I already know I need to get two longer bolts, since the intake spacer didn't provide four long ones.

It's FINALLY coming together. I got tired of staring at everything and got on it. I'm so stoked...
                :banana: :rock: :banana: :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by TommyN
                  Will the stock headers clear the spark plugs on the GT40p heads?
                  They actually look like they would, just at a glance, but I'm told they either don't clear or it's such a close call that you'd be melting wires left and right.

Comment

I'm a moron...

I can't remember whether the distributor rotor goes clockwise or counter. To further complicate things, I can't find my 1/2" drive extension to turn the crank and find out myself.
                    Can someone tell me?
                    Thanks.

Comment

counter
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

The upper intake is only mocked into place. I went to do the spark plugs, but they gave me the wrong ones. Bastards...
                        I'm gonna clean the upper intake a good bit more before final installation. You can kinda see where I'm going with the EGR spacer. Mounting it like that perfectly lines it up with the stuff on the Explorer intake... don't feel like explaining. I've got it all set, just need to do it, now. I'm running into lots of little things...
                        I need:
                        Vacuum hose
                        Short Belts
                        Swap the spark plugs
                        Valve cover caps (PCV filters, maybe?)
                        Two long bolts for upper intake
                        Adapter for water temperature gauge

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                            hope you weren't offended; was only goofing on you.
                            Not in the least bit....all is good

Comment

looks great!!

Those valve covers are sweet!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                                looks great!!
                                Those valve covers are sweet!
                                Thanks! The VCs are from the 1984 Mustang GT I was building in high school.
                                I've been busting my ass (and five tools) all day on these motor mounts. On Scott's advice, I loaned a friend's spring compressors and I'm gonna compress the springs and drop the lower control arms. I'll give a full write-up if I can get decent pictures. I've tried wobble extensions (broke one), full-out swivels (broke three), in 1/2 drive and 3/8 drive. I also twisted a 6" 3/8 extension. I'm about to get back on it. I'm not sleeping until this is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X