Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freshmeat
    You're right about that!!
    Uhh...wow. I guess this is why you pick up about 30HP just switching headers.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Okay. I came up with an idea. Tell me if this is crazy...
      Grind off the lower bolt on each mount. Use the top two bolts, then lay a legitimate weld on the lower edge of the mount. If I'd ever need to change them (which I highly doubt) I could grind off the weld and repeat the procedure.
      Opinions?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but wouldnt that transmit more engine vibration to the rest of the vehicle?
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I don't really know... hadn't looked at the design since I came up with the idea. If it's the top plate I'd be welding, then yes... if it's the bottom plate, then no.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

That would work fine.

Comment

I made solid mounts for mine. It does not vibrate too bad. The passenger side only has the two upper bolts.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I dont really see why welding the lower edge would make it vibrate more than the bolt would. Go for it. Just be aware you're pretty much gonna have to remove the engine to change the thing if you ever want to in the future.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Okay, guys. I need to make a final list of what is left to be done, so here it is. If you have things to add that you're not sure I've done, feel free to do so. I REALLY need to get this thing in and running so I can smoke NA's dyno numbers!
                  This list will be updated as I remember forgotten things and accomplish tasks on the list.

Reinstall lower control arms
                  Install AFPR
                  Change motor mounts
                  Remove smog pump hoses
                  Install bellhousing onto transmission
                  Install clutch fork
                  Install throw-out bearing
                  Install new clutch pedal shaft bushings
                  Make template for clutch cable opening
                  Cut clutch cable opening
                  Install new pedal covers on clutch and brake pedals
                  Permanently remove the rest of column shifter equipment (cut-off wheel)
                  Remove old brake booster
                  Remove old pedal assembly
                  Install flywheel
                  Install clutch
                  Install pilot bearing
                  Set engine in bay
                  Install transmission
                  Measure hole for shifter
                  Remove transmission
                  Cut hole for shifter
                  Install transmission
                  Install shifter
                  Hook up clutch cable
                  Adjust clutch cable
                  Bolt up accessories
                  Install belts
                  Install oil filter and oil
                  Go buy two upper intake bolts
                  Install radiator/fan/shroud
                  Locate/Purchase/Install driveshaft
                  Run vacuum lines
                  Install upper intake
                  Hook up wires
                  Install EGR/throttle body
                  Hook up starter

Fill transmission
                  Have new header flanges welded to the exhaust pipes
                  Replace kinked fuel line
                  Install spark plug wires (saving them for last)

Crank dat bish!
                  Last edited by Freshmeat; 03-26-2006, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Things I need to purchase:
                    Vacuum hoses
                    Clutch pedal shaft bushings
                    Intake bolts
                    Belts
                    Oil Filter
                    Quart of oil (one disappeared)
                    ATF

Comment

I know this has been asked a million times, but does anyone have the part number laying around for the short belt (smog pump delete)? I know I've asked a couple of times, but I can't find what threads had the number.

Comment

its in the tech article section on the 1st page its 560K6
                        1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Awesome- thanks!
                          (I suck at searching anything.)

Comment

Might need to steal 2 of the studs from your lopo intake that hold the throttle body in place to replace the super long ones the Explorer elbow uses.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ooh- good thinking, Gadget. I forgot to even think about that, man. Thanks!

Comment

I am pretty sure the Oil Filter you need is a Motorcraft PH300...
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X