Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Mark VIIs in the local yards.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Can you wait till Saturday? I can go to my junk-place and try to pull you a set or two, there're usually at least two Mark VIIs there...

Comment

Well... I think I'm gonna try the CV stuff, like they're saying. Let me see what things look like tomorrow or Wednesday and I'll let you know by Saturday. Is that cool?
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Fine by me

Comment

use the vic setup..........much less bs to deal with

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That's kinda the plan, again. I'm gonna spray the Hell out of the throttle cable with Aerokroil- it's slightly rusty and sticks bad.

Comment

Don't lube cables. Replace it. If it sticks, the wiring inside is probably frayed and sticking to the jacket. It actually says on new cables to not lubricate them as it accelerates wear. The oil will attack the jacket from the inside and make it fail faster.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

...but it'll help it until I can swing a new one. I'm not gonna replace it with a yard cable.
                  It's not a permanent thing, only a band-aid.

Comment

Goal for tonight...

Don't let me back down, either! Here's what I plan to do tonight:

Find new batteries for my digital camera
                    Install clutch pedal shaft bushings
                    Draw up template for clutch cable hole
                    Remove old brake booster
                    Remove old pedal assembly
                    Measure/Cut hole for clutch cable
                    Install new pedal pads onto pedal assembly
                    Install new pedal assembly
                    Install new brake booster
                    Take lots of pictures for the bling factor

Think I can get it done?

Comment

You can doo eet!
                      -Michael

Comment

today was one of my more productive days

Comment

If their beer in the fridge?
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes, GMGT- there is a case of go-juice in the fridge.

Comment

Nothin's gettin done then
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X