Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost did that when I changed the flywheel and clutch on my stang. Teh plate goees in foist
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Yep. Duce got it first. Damn plate...
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Transmission is in. I was going to work on it more tonight, but there was a modification to my plans and I didn't get back to it after dinner. I'm gonna cut the shifter hole and everything tomorrow, if things go well. I plan to have a LOT done tomorrow and I'll get the EGR modifications taken care of this coming week at work.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

So... I discovered I need to restrict myself when I go to a Harbor Freight sidewalk sale...
          However, I do thank Harbor Freight for the 99 cent investment I made in a two-piece extension grabber set that saved my ass from cutting my exhaust system open...

Thank God for HF!!

Comment

Made some good progress today... didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but it was good, nonetheless. There was no fawking way I was getting the crossmember to bolt to both the T5 and the side brackets. I was midway through drilling new holes smack between the stock holes when I lost my attention span and finished cutting the hole for the shifter. I then laid the carpet back in place and bolted down the driver seat. This thing is gonna be SO cool...

Keep in mind- the carpet is cut up because of the B&M Sportshifter I had in here for about a week and half before it went down and I started this stuff.

Comment

For the shifter, look around a JY and see if a old school base model mustang shifter surround will fit. Like 79-82 or so, or even old fairmont. They didn't have full consoles. Too bad I don't have any spares sitting around...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm not worried about it. I'll figure it out later. Right now, I'm going to bed. I can't keep my eyes open long enough for a single page to load.

Comment

dude that thing is fucking badass :worship: :worship: props for all that work man stick shift panthers are teh shit!!
                  1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Dude that is freaking sweet. Good work!!
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

How hard do you think it would be to fit an 87-93 Mustang GT console into a panther?
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                        How hard do you think it would be to fit an 87-93 Mustang GT console into a panther?
                        I don't know, but I have access to one and intend to find out.
                        However, I believe the '86 and older had lower rises leading up to the actual dash. I don't know- I have a buddy who owns a Mustang shop (he gave me the pedal assembly I used, the upper bellhousing bolts [T5 has shorter top bolts], and LOTS of other random things) who can most surely provide a center console for a couple of days while I test-fit them into the CV. I want a center console, but I really do like the front bench. I may have it reupholstered with the same material and just have more lumbar support added.

Comment

Oh, and thanks for all the props, guys- couldn't have done half this shit without GMN and the "other" forum.

Comment

I got the hole drilled for the crossmember. It had two holes, but I couldn't get it to fit through both front or both rear and I wasn't about to have a crooked crossmember, so I drilled.
                            Not too bad for a guess-and-hope-for-the-best drilling job...

Comment

...but my driveshaft is 1/2" too long. I'm gonna go ahead and get the aluminum one from mrltd because if I need to pay to have one shortened, I'm DEFINITELY not spending that money on my stocker just to have the same problem with the aluminum shaft. I have 11 days to get this done before dyno day.

mrltd- any chance you're willing to work in faith?
                              Kidding. (sorta)

Edit: It's southern_pride's driveshaft. Not sure why I was thinking mrltd. Perhaps it's because I'm a moron.
                              Last edited by Freshmeat; 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM.

Comment

It shouldnt be...
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X