Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH HA! I kinda figured that was the deal...I never had a bomb in the steering wheel box! :p
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

And you guyss call yourselves box experts. :nonono:

n00bs! :nana2:
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
        AH HA! I kinda figured that was the deal...I never had a bomb in the steering wheel box! :p

But I bet you're not crazy enough to unplug it, with the battery still hooked up!
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

My Linc doesnt have a check engine light, or even an engine light. I just go along my merry way with a dozen codes being thrown

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

lol, no. I only had one car that WAS airbag equipped...but the bag was gone when I got it. The lady that had it before me hit a nun and it popped out. :p
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to for you to say everything worked out!
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Mine is a 1989 with a CEL. Ya'll lost me on all this shit...
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Get a picture if you can.
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I could have taken a picture with the light on, but the batteries are dead.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

I Dremeled off the baffle before taking it to the exhaust shop. Worked like a charm and now I don't need to run the sissy stamped covers.

Oh- and the trailer left 1/2" of total space between the wagon and the rails. Yes- that's 1/4" on each side. So after getting it halfway onto the ramp, I backed it down and drove it 20 miles to the exhaust shop.

NO backpressure = TEH SUCK.

It was loud as all get-out and extremely sluggish in the lower RPMs, but I couldn't pick it up too high because it was too loud. I got it up to 55 for a little while, but it was burning something, so I was sure to not let it idle too long at the lights.

Water temp stayed around 200* and oil pressure was between 53-57. I don't think the timing is anywhere near right (really need to chalk mark the balancer) because it's not wanting to idle down quite right. I'll get the exhaust work done, then take it to the shop where I work and tinker with it in my spare time there.

I hope all works out. I'm really intimidated by the mystery burning and whatnot, but we'll see how much difference it makes when the exhaust is on and the timing is more accurate. I'm not not so sure this is gonna be that cool, now. I'm really disappointed in how it handled. We'll see how things go.

Comment

Itss not done, give it time...

Comment

The mystery headers could just be the smell of the fresh headers and new engine. When I first installed my headers they had a burning type smell too

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

The smell is accompanied by smoke. Some times lots of it. Even after driving 20 miles.

Comment

Wait awhile. Mine did that too.

Comment

Give it time, and you don't even have 02 sensors on it yet, how are you going to judge the engine like that!? When it's finished and tuned, then start judging.

Comment

Working...
                                X