Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Fresh, if you want to give up on it, my trailer is a little wider. I can come down there and take it off your hands...
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

I'm a fucking moron.
      While the exhaust shop was working on it ($140 that I don't have, by the way), it dawned on me.
      I never installed the intake temperature sensor sending unit.
      I'm a fucking moron.

Where can I mount it on the Exploder intake?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Where it's supposed to be, there is a mountin boss, but you will have to drill and tap it. And it's in one of the runners...

Or you can mount it somewhere in the air filter box or a hose...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i mounted davids to the air intake pipe.....had no intentions of pulling the intake to drill and tap a hole

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I don't have an air filter box. I'll most likely mount it on the inlet between the filter and throttle body so I don't have to pull the manifold again.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

H.O. Conversion Details

If you want to convert to a High Output engine, this is what you do:

Save up about $1500
              Dig through the classifieds
              Buy a fucking Mustang

Comment

Really?

My cost breakdown:

Heads: Payment for labor on modded stang
                ECU, Free, trade for installing a mass air conversion on a stang
                Injectors, leftover from a motor swap in a mustang
                Intake/TB payment for labor on a mustang...
                Brand new headers: payment for labor on a mustang

HAHA!

Comment

You can't drive headers to work.

Comment

Yeah, but I could ride my bike the 3 miles...

I did my HO swap in 4 hours bewteen jobs...

Comment

Today made 5 months since I parked my wagon to do the HO swap.

Comment

Mine sat for about the same time, I missed SSHS5.. I did the vic way faster.

Comment

Fuck the HO swap.
                          Fuck the T5 swap.
                          I just want my wagon back.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                            Fuck the HO swap.
                            Fuck the T5 swap.
                            I just want my wagon back.
                            Whoa thats exactly what i started saying to myself while i was doing my HO conversion. My Lincoln was off the road from sept 30 2005 to mardis gras 06' and after all that time i had to tell my friends, it was almost done. I wanted it to run no matter how fast or well, just to have it back. I know how you feel man. What you're doing is 1000X more extensive than what I did, but you'll get it done. :2thumbs:
                            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

My first one was simple, it was a stock for stock upgrade. Everything bolted on, no issues, ran perfect. This one has got a lot more motor and is causing issues, not too mention I'm fighting pre existing issues with the engine control, and now a trans on its way out. Also add in the 4K miles I put on it while using it as a daily driver, and the salt, and the DC driving. I did have a super clean wagon.....

Comment

My car was parked January 1 2005 and I drove it home from the shop barely running April 28 2005. I think the engine was actually in somewhere around April 15 but I caught it on fire, got that fixed, found out the transmission was cooked, so I had to deal with that before it was ready to go. My friend helped me with the trans install and we left at almost 5am. I was happier than a pig in shit, even tho the car was running absolutely like ass. I didn't care, I just was glad to have my baby done. Good timing too, because I drove the truck to work April 29 and the trans grenaded the rest of the way on my way in. I had to get my mommy to come get me. Don't worry mang, you'll get it. Its always right at the end where it seems to be most discouraging.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X