Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosen the screws and adjust it to around .98V ...Really common mustang tuning trick. Sometimes you have to drill the holes out a bit to be able to get the amount of travel to get it right.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

That's funky.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I swapped the kinked hose for some EFI-friendly rubber fuel line (and fuel line specific clamps) and let it idle for ~10-15 minutes- it jumped to 210* before it opened the first time, then it dropped to ~197* and held for the rest of the time. Looks like that problem is fixed. For your entertainment, here's a picture of how badly the hose was kinked. It's a miracle it drove at all...

2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Not really. Funky is having to put the bypass plate in because it can't compensate...

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Kinky little bitch eh? lol
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

sweet jesus

Comment

So, hows it run now?
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                    So, hows it run now?
                    It's still overheating.

Comment

Yeah... the mysterious burning has subsided. The paint baked to the block and is giving a nice shine, now. I was surprised it ran at all, too. I think either the cats are plugging, the O2s are shot, or it's not quite timed right... if I shift without spinning it high enough, it stutters, the exhaust pops a couple of times, and it jolts slightly, then it goes along its way.

Also... I found the other primary source of the overheating problems... I went to the parts store to show the guys I know who work there and blew the lower radiator hose as I pulled in... swapped it in the parking lot (wishing I had a lifted 4x4 at this point)... went to fill it up... cranked the engine and a coolant/air mixture started billowing out of the radiator. The stat hand't even opened up, yet... they sold me a reverse rotation water pump instead of a standard rotation. I hadn't thought to compare the propellers between the old one and the new.

So... I cleared it with them to pull the "new" pump and drop it off for the right new pump this weekend.

Comment

Is that bypass plate what one uses to fix the surging idle crap? Mine does that even when the IAC is totally unplugged. I do have the throttle stop set too high tho so perhaps its related.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep, that's it.

Comment

I need to bring back my timing a lot. The idle screw is backed out so far it's not even touching the throttle lever and it's still idling high. Hehehe.

Oops?

Comment

Sounds like a vacuum leak then, not timing.... Or you have that idle bypass plate opened up too far.

Comment

Damn, that sucks. At least you have most of the big issues straightened out. The little ones are the big PITA though

Comment

Working...
                                X