Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will do it. Oddly, I tried sitting the Townie water pump pulley on the mark VII's water pump and the bolts wouldn't even line up. I just wonder if that was some fluke and the thing just wasn't sitting on there right, or maybe the bolts are actually spaced different. I remember thinking it was a good idea to have the pulleys not interchange like that just to avoid the very problem you have.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

At least it's something "easy" causing the overheating (I hope). We'll see how things look after I swap the pump this weekend.
      That popping is killing me, though.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

No vacuum leaks. I should probably check the tree again, but everything was plugged in on the manifold. I didn't touch the screws on the bypass plate.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

That could be the timing....you did set it with the spout out right?
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

That's the idle issue then.....Screw them in or just remove the plate. I found that mine has the screws both almost all the way in, and it still idles a bit high. I'm prollly taking mine out
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I may try it without the plate- it is, after all, entirely cleaned out.

Comment

I set it with the spout out, but there were several issues to factor in. I haven't touched the timing since the IAC was plugged in and the exhaust was repaired (thus flowing it across the O2s).
                I'm gonna tinker with it this weekend after I do the water pump and I'll get back to you.

Comment

Are you going to have any means to get a little video of this beast? Once the little kinks are all worked out it should be quite a nice ride.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Yea we need vids man. Glad to hear it's coming together though, it's going to be one kickass panther.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I'll try for some video. It's going to be up to my brother or a friend to use their camera, though, since mine doesn't do sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                        If you want to convert to a High Output engine, this is what you do:

Save up about $1500
                        Dig through the classifieds
                        Buy a fucking Mustang
                        That has got to be one of the most moronic things I have seen you post thus far.For $1500 I could upgrade my 302 enough to put a stock HO to shame,as well as not have a Rustang to dispose of.

Comment

I'm glad to read your car is running.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

VIDEOS!!!!!! :p
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Custom87
                              That has got to be one of the most moronic things I have seen you post thus far.For $1500 I could upgrade my 302 enough to put a stock HO to shame,as well as not have a Rustang to dispose of.
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Do it. Keep track.

Comment

Working...
                                X