Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the same time, I found out what it was that hit the underside of my car last night AND I found out why my check engine light came on...

My EGR simulator fell off! I mean- how the **** does that happen?! Damn it- that was brand new!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
      I drove it today (keep in mind, I advanced the timing 18* last night) after new plug wires...

This thing is FAST.

Still SLIGHTLY heating up, but I think I need a better radiator. Also caught a check engine light. Gonna hit the Zone tomorrow and see what it's about.
      Congratulations, duuud!!
      Last edited by pine box; 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I went talk to a buddy of mine who owns/operates a Mustang shop. He made a good point. My gauge read 200*, but we were able to grab the upper radiator hose and it didn't incinerate our hands. The radiator is also pretty cool. I think I have a steam pocket at the sensor. I'm gonna pull the sensor tonight and see if I can purge any air.

www.radiator.com has a 3-row radiator in the local warehouse for $139.99- I could have it on my doorstep tomorrow with a lifetime warranty. I think, if I'm still having cooling problems, that's going to be my next step... Hell- I'm gonna do it ASAP just for the Hell of it (it's impossible to overkill a cooling system).

It climbed to 203* today during about an hour of driving/stopping at different places around town, then actually dropped a few * on the way home. That leads me to believe Joe was right and I have a steam pocket.

(This is all still without a t-stat. I'm gonna pick up the coldest stat the store carries and just run with that.)
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

i had a steam pocket for a while too dude, my temp would go to like 215 then drop if I revved the engine, after about a week it was normal again. She just needs to be driven and that my friend will cure a lot of stuff up!! :banana: :banana: oh and CONGRATS!! I remember lighting up my rear tires for the first time after the conversion
          1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Well, With all my extra windows, pillars, and roof, I estimate an extra 250lbs more on my rear wheels than yours.

In other words, this bitch ain't gonna light 'em up easy. It just hooks and goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              I went talk to a buddy of mine who owns/operates a Mustang shop. He made a good point. My gauge read 200*, but we were able to grab the upper radiator hose and it didn't incinerate our hands. The radiator is also pretty cool. I think I have a steam pocket at the sensor. I'm gonna pull the sensor tonight and see if I can purge any air.

www.radiator.com has a 3-row radiator in the local warehouse for $139.99- I could have it on my doorstep tomorrow with a lifetime warranty. I think, if I'm still having cooling problems, that's going to be my next step... Hell- I'm gonna do it ASAP just for the Hell of it (it's impossible to overkill a cooling system).

It climbed to 203* today during about an hour of driving/stopping at different places around town, then actually dropped a few * on the way home. That leads me to believe Joe was right and I have a steam pocket.

(This is all still without a t-stat. I'm gonna pick up the coldest stat the store carries and just run with that.)
              I got my aluminum Griffin for around $160. It is a single 1" core of aluminum, but it cools mine just fine, with just tap water and a bottle of water wetter.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I ran a stock 2 row al rad in the 87 with an electric fan and never ran hot, I rarely even had to run the fan. Usually took 20 minutes in traffic to warm up. And I was running a 195 stat.

Definately seems like you have a air pocket or just a screwy gauge...
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Shit, my vic's been garaged basically since the day I bought it, September 04.

But then, i'm only sorta doing an ho swap. kinda. more like building an engine from the ground up using a junkyard lopo from another 84 mgm

oh yea, that reminds me, i have a question:

Are the crankshafts different between an ho and lopo? I'm not really asking about the materials or weights, but the stroke order (hehehehe 12 year old humer). Or is it just a different order on the cam?
                  Last edited by seneeb; 04-04-2006, 09:57 PM.
                  GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                  1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                  99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                  03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                  95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                    INTAKE AIR CHARGE TEMP = IAC, but also easy to confuse with Idle air bypass. Fuel pressure, TPS voltage, idle air bypass( the adjustment screws I'm pretty sure you got ), and whatever else is required to get it running right.
                    IAC = Idle Air Control on all new Ford stuff

just an fyi
                    95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by seneeb
                      Are the crankshafts different between an ho and lopo? I'm not really asking about the materials or weights, but the stroke order (hehehehe 12 year old humer). Or is it just a different order on the cam?

nevermind this question, I found the answer in teh archive
                      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

spark plugs and oil filters the same too right?

Comment

Originally posted by seneeb
                          IAC = Idle Air Control on all new Ford stuff

just an fyi
                          So, ACT then? Air Charge Temp?

Comment

IAT: Intake Air Temperature sensor.

I've got a list in one of the hundreds of Ford training books I have. When I'm not putting off sleeping to post whore I'll look for the one that has all the acronym identifications and post them...

One at a time of course for post count :P
                            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Figured it was that or the ACT....

Comment

Or a sticky t-stat that isn't opening fully.

My car runs a little warm now, but its also got a chunk of missing fan shroud. Once I go electric I'll see how it does.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X