Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he stated that this is still happening w/o a t-stat...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Hehehe. I drove it around a good bit tonight and didn't break 190*. This fucker is FAST. I picked up a friend who drives a Camaro and he couldn't believe it.

I semi-ran a friend in his 2000 V6 Mustang and by the time we hit 50mph, I had AT LEAST six cars on him... and I'm not spinning it past 3,500RPMs.

I need to come out of the throttle until the clutch breaks in!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Oh- and I couldn't find the EGR simulator, so I put the old EGR valve on and hooked the harness to it. There's no vacuum or anything running to it, so in theory, it'll show constant close, which is all the simulator did.

Can anyone support or refute this theory?
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
          he stated that this is still happening w/o a t-stat...
          didn't notice that, must have been in lazy mode.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
            Hehehe. I drove it around a good bit tonight and didn't break 190*. This fucker is FAST. I picked up a friend who drives a Camaro and he couldn't believe it.

I semi-ran a friend in his 2000 V6 Mustang and by the time we hit 50mph, I had AT LEAST six cars on him... and I'm not spinning it past 3,500RPMs.

I need to come out of the throttle until the clutch breaks in!
            the 99-04 V6 Mustangs run about a 16.5 1/4 mile time.
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

yea, they're fucking slow

i hate driving mom's, feels slower than my ranger (i know it isnt) and i think it is slower than dad's forester
              GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
              1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
              99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
              03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

FUCK the radiator.com assholes

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

You can fuck them all you want, but they have sold me several cheap radiators in the past and they hold up damn well.
                  I bought one for my Cherokee. After that, it never reached the 200* thermostat- never broke 160, actually.

Comment

The manual V6s aren't horrible, but the automatics are ghey. He has replaced the engine AND transmission. Each time, I lined up everything for him to switch to a 4.6 then a 5spd, but he went back with stock equipment. Moron.

I just like that I smoked his ass in a station wagon. Hopefully, there'll be plenty more of that to come!

Comment

Update your cardomain so I can link it. :P

Pant(her)-lessŪ :nonono:
                      Save the Whales -- Harpoon a Honda.
                      There are three ways to get something done:
                      (1) Do it yourself.
                      (2) Hire someone to do it for you.
                      (3) Forbid your kids to do it.

Comment

I know- I'm gonna do it as soon as I find the time.

Comment

Congrats on the completeion! Glad you got the full potential out of it now!

Comment

Still not full potential. I'm only on 10* of advance and I still don't have a thermostat, so it's dumping fuel. It'll be slightly better with the thermostat and once I finish the 500 mile break-in on the clutch, I'm gonna change the motor oil and start bumping the timing some more.

3.73s and traction lock coming this weekend, going to install them one week from this coming Saturday, possibly along with a new 3-row radiator, depending on how finances go and whether the new job lines up yet.

Comment

retorque the heads?

compression test?

electric fan?

Comment

Heads are torqued. Compression checks out. Fan clutch IS showing age, but not enough to hurt anything.

Sorry I didn't update- it's no longer running hot, for the most part. I've driven it a lot and no issues.
                                The problem is the lack of thermostat- the computer is dumping fuel into it to reach operating temperature, then things get a little hairy.
                                I've been told a million things about what thermostat to run. I ran a 160* before and the computer was trying so hard to get it to operating temperature it took me 3 tanks of gas to go 280 miles. I'm re-installing the new 195* stat because that's what the computer is expecting and it won't make that big of a difference to run it at that temperature, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X