Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah running with no thermostat will definately mess up the cooling. There's no way your head gaskets could be leaking, i mean thats the LAST thing that could go wrong.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

If the head gaskets were leaking you'd probably know it, either from excessive pressure in the cooling system or water loss. I've seen seepy head gaskets cause radiator and heater hoses to explode and stuff.

For t-stats I'd go 180 or 195. If it wants to ping and run a bit warm on the 195 go with a 180 but I wouldn't go colder than that. My 180 ran a steady 160 degrees, the 195 runs 200. The in-dash guage ran on "o" in normal before, now I run over on the a. I might go back to a 180 because it wants to ping a little even with the timing at stock, and even a little advance makes it sound like a can of marbles.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What computer are you using?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Dude, great to hear it's running. It sounds like you're getting all the bugs worked out, and that kicks ass! Won't be long till we have to meet up for a show or cruise or something.

Comment

maybe drill a teeny tiny hole in the meat of the thermostat? id use whatever the stock 5.0 ho thermo is.

Comment

This isn't a stock 5.0 HO is the thing.

I installed the 195* this morning and I can definitely notice a difference in performance. It felt like it was bogging down before due to too much fuel. Now, it seems much more crisp. It's not really any faster, but it feels a lot better, if that makes sense.

I'm using a computer from a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII.

This thing runs like a beast. I think I need to adjust my cruise cable, though, because I have no cruise controls at the moment.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Dyno, Dyno, Dyno, Dyno!!!!

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I still have more I want to do before I put it on the dyno. I intend to do the rockers, valve springs, actual CAI, and electric fan beforehand. I have very little intention of modding it past that (may do a cam at some point), but I really do intend to keep things very reasonable, so I want to have them done before the dyno so I'll know what numbers I'm laying down.

I'm already drawing up a CAI. The rockers and springs aren't that expensive and will hopefully be done by the end of next month. I need to find a Taurus fan in a junkyard and order the wiring stuff. Basically, another $500 and I'll have the engine bay done, including a 3-row radiator.
                  2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

If it's running, put it on the dyno. The numbers it makes will be your baseline numbers. I forgot, where's the pedals pics? We want to see those three pedals!!!!

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I'll get 'em, I'll get 'em. Still haven't cleaned out the interior and installed the pedal pad on the accelerator.

However, I'd rather not spend $75 to get my numbers right now when the power will be finalized in less than $500. That $75 could cover the Taurus fan and all the wiring, relays, and switches to go along with it.

My favorite is that this is going to be 95% stock Ford components.

"What you got in that thing?"
                      "It's all stock stuff..."

Comment

On the topic of GT-40P motors, how feasible is the idea of sticking a T-Bird SC blower on one, figure with a different cam, and like a 70mm TB? Would the bottom end hold up to about 6psi of boost? I've got ideas swimmin around in my head.
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

It has cast pistons, so if you're gonna do it, you really should look into swapping them out. Also... the SC was a V6... not sure how easy it'd be to install one on a 302.

Comment

I'm working up something special...

I'll need opinions. Pics to come tonight.

Comment

Here's a teaser. I'm tired of the chrome.

Comment

Opinions- yes or no? I'm trying to decide whether I want to go all black across the front or keep the chrome. Like I said, I don't like chrome. These are extra bezels I had laying around that I'm using.

I've also considered body color bezels- still not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X