Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this might hurt tho...

Shift with a brass ass

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

How about one of these *WW* on link http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I like the piston idea, I have a piston from a 250cc quad I blew a hole in the top of and its a nice size. Lil sharp around the edges though.
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

There's a local who uses weedeater pistons for shift knobs... don't want to steal his idea. I don't like skulls (the dead should be respected and left alone- I think ornamenting vehicles, homes, etc with bones is disrespectful).

Anyway- I found what I'm after...

I'll salvage the ball from the top and use that.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Ugh at least make it Michelob or Budweiser...don't disgrace the car with Corrs.:smirk:
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Coors is my brew of choice.
              Michelob resembles what stale urine would probably taste like.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

old milwaukee!

Comment

Bad new TPS sensor?

I purchased a multimeter today, with the sole purpose of testing my TPS. Hooked it up and this is what I got:

Red power: 4.85v
                  Green (at idle): .15v
                  Green (at WOT): 1.47v

Green should be .80-1.00 at idle and 4.65v or close to it (eliminates virtually all resistance) at WOT. This indicates bad TPS. I tested it again off the TB with the same results.

So, I went to the parts store and bought a brand new one. Before I went through the drilling/cutting/etc required to fit it on the Exploder TB, I had a random urge to test it out.

Red power: 4.85v
                  Green (at idle): .09v
                  Green (at WOT): 1.36v

Could there be something wrong with the wiring or did I get a bad new sensor? I can't imagine it being the wiring... what do ya'll think?

Comment

The new multimeter was fried. Picked up a new one. Gotta sleep. Will test with the new one in the morning and inform you of any changes.

Comment

was that one of those $4.99 harbor freight multimeters?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It was a $17.99 iEquus multimeter (from O'Reilly) and used some sort of funky type of battery.
                        I picked up a simpler design at Advance for a couple bucks more, but it runs on AAs, so I can swap 'em more easily if they go dead. I was told to grab an HF unit, but the cost of fuel to get there would have put me at or near the cost of getting the "better" one at Advance, one mile from my house.

Comment

Okay. Tested with a new multimeter and got some satisfying results- it showed 1.42 volts in idle position, which means it was likely causing problems (most likely source of surging and high idle). I'm gonna drill out the holes tomorrow so I can adjust it back to .98 (.80-1.00 is optimum reading) and see how it runs at that point.

Comment

Ugh, cheap meters....I have a old but damn reliable Fluke 77. Would like a newer Fluke 88 automotive meter...
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The new multimeter is the same thing as what the Mustang shop guy has... they've used the same design for forever and his (from his college days) is still going strong. Only paid $20... he said he doesn't like Flukes because they'll go bad just as easily.

Comment

mine is some cheapie Wavetek or whatever. Its decent and I've not had any issues with it. I won't swear its the absolute most accurate thing in the world but whenever I check things it always shows pretty much what it should be showing.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X