Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna go over and get pics as soon as I have the tudor here, and he claims to be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
      ARP header studs. Best shite out there!

Anyway, header gasket swaps are cake. Except on sidewinding V6 and V8s. PHUCK DAT SHITE!!!!!
      You obviously haven't gaskets in awhile, have you?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

And just think...You coulda done the TFS upgrade before you tossed the heads on and wouldn't have to pull it apart...But where is the fun in that...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I know a lot better now, Mike... but no one told me the springs were THIS bad. The guys on Corral were saying that I should be okay with a stock cam, but should upgrade when I go aftermarket... even using the Mustang stick they said I'd be okay. Didn't know they were this weak.

What's worse is, these springs have been sitting since before I did the engine build. Just wish we had known he was going to give them to me beforehand so I could have done it then.

It's been a great experience, though. I've enjoyed it, aside from the fact I nearly ripped off my thumb nail on the right hand and have scratches all over my hands and forearms.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I have pics from the beginning of the swap, when a friend was over. Remember, I don't have a camera. I'll work on more once it's on the road, again. Will hopefully have some video for you at that point.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

It's funny though...If you search around corral looking for explorer motor info, everywhere it says upgrade the springs....Then in your thread, they all said it would be OK...LOL...

Not like mine hasn't been apart too many times because of the camshaft/pushrods/rockers....Because I didn't listen either.

Comment

superlinc has issues too, but david doesent rev it that high........wish he would let me swap out those springs so we could feel it's true potential

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mike- this works out because now I know what all it takes to swap the springs in the car. It's a pain in the lower back (not quite the ass), but not that big of a deal once you get a rhythm. The hardest part was finding all the bolts for the wiper box that I couldn't even see... then digging through decomposed leaves inside the wiper box to get to the two brackets that were hidden under more leaves.

I'll do a write-up when I get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                    Mike- this works out because now I know what all it takes to swap the springs in the car. It's a pain in the lower back (not quite the ass), but not that big of a deal once you get a rhythm. The hardest part was finding all the bolts for the wiper box that I couldn't even see... then digging through decomposed leaves inside the wiper box to get to the two brackets that were hidden under more leaves.

I'll do a write-up when I get the time.
                    Simple solution:

Remove the leaves outta there, dipshit!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Trust me....I know about the lower back pain...I've done valve seals on plenty of cars. Couldn't move for a day after doing the one in the 79 bronco...

It's easy, like you said. And quite quick. Hope you go back to the thread on corral and yell at those guys

Comment

I would rather do header gaskets on a RWD v8 than a FWD one for sure. The front one is cake, the back one tho, screw that.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will, believe me. Did you find that thread? I can't remember what I had for the post title.

Comment

when i originally had BBK headers i just used their gasket, that shit stuck to EVERYTHING! took my like 5 hours to do one side and clean the head and header flange. then i got percy's dead soft aluminum gaskest and they are AWESOME. and reusable!

Comment

Half the passenger side is done. I stopped for a cancer break and it started storming. I'm about to go finish it up. I picked up some more Accel Super Stock wires (what I had originally) with 90* boots for $21 (hook up at the store) and a new wiper motor. I'm gonna do the springs and wires (and clean the fawk out of the plugs), then the fuel pump, then the wiper motor. Gotta have my dad help with the motor 'cause he rigged the wipers a couple years back and I'll need to undo that to get things right.

I'll keep you posted. Trying to get my buddy to send me the pictures of those valve springs after we did the #5 cylinder.

Comment

Just do an advanced search, and search by member name, select threads started by...

Comment

Working...
                                X