Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're talking about 5.0s
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Waiting for the tall valve covers to come in...
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

I'm not sure if you knew this or not,but the Hollow front wagon sway bar actually has more torsional strength than the Solid PI front bar.So you are actually downgrading by installing the PI front bar.If you don't believe me,go look up some info on sway bars,you will see that hollow tube sway bars have more torsional strength than solid bars,and therfore provide better performance in cornering.

Comment

Do you have any links to support that claim? I'm not saying you're not right- I just like to see the numbers.

Comment

Fuck, I was all over the yards wed. trying to find a box wagon, no dice. Plenty of wasps were stinging me. Evidently we're not the only ones that appriciates the large cargo space of these panthers.

P71towny

Comment

Found this Page: Look at page 5 and you will see the numbers. http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=7

My theory is,Ford equiped the box wagons with the best sway bars available from the factory,because the much larger and heavier wagon bodies required a better 1 3/16 hollow bar to achieve the same results as the smaller bodied sedan got from the 1 1/8 solid front bar.
              Last edited by LTDMan83; 08-19-2006, 09:16 AM.

Comment

...then why didn't they get rear bars?

More proof that Ford was almost there, then remembered they're only allowed to half ass things.

Comment

That's true if the hollow bar is larger than the solid, but aren't wagon and police bars the same size?

Comment

The bars on the police cars are pretty big and heavy front and back
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p...604V0348169923

Comment

Thats holds true even if the bars are the same size.I have both the front and rear PI sway bars on my Vic right now.The front PI and the wagon bars are allmost the same outside diameter,but the wagon bar being hollow and having a relativly thick wall thickness,makes it the stronger of the two sway bars.
                        Last edited by LTDMan83; 08-20-2006, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I don't see how that works. Either way, I'm keeping the wagon front. I picked up new poly bushings and end links yesterday and will install them (along with the rear bar) this week.

Anyone want to buy a PI front sway bar?

Comment

Good choice,I'm trying to find a wagon front bar for mine.How much you want shipped for the PI bar?My friend just got a box marq,and he needs one.I might be interested,for the right price.....

Comment

I paid $25 so add shipping to that and it's yours.

Comment

You got urself a deal.I'll be buying this PI front bar for my friend,I'm gonna give it to him for free along with the extra PI rear bar I have,to help him hookup the 2dr marq he just bought.He's the only other person I know anywhere around here that actually likes boxes,so I'm gonna help him turn his old grandpa marq into a respectable panther.You have a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X