Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that Lokar kit is cuttable, I'm probably gonna go that route.
    Just scored a Mark VIII MAF for $27 shipped.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Since I don't use EGR and never will,on the lo-po or the future explorer engine,I was actually thinking a few weeks ago about filling all the empty space in the CV egr spacer with aluminum so it's a solid piece.Having both sides of the face machined down so they perfectly flat,and then having it bored out as large as it could go.I'm in the process now of calling around and finding out prices,I'm sure it's not gonna be cheap,but those lightning spacers are seriously hard to find.
      Last edited by LTDMan83; 09-03-2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I will look into it. I had one welded to increase the sealing land. I was charged about 35 or so for one side. If there is enough material in the bore it might be all you need. Just sealing for air there might be enough material you will need some sealer on the gaskets and no welding.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

If your not using EGR or the water I could do a stock spacer for around 100 or less bored to a tad over 65. Are you using this on a HO upper? I am out of stock spacers I dont know what a yard will charge me for one. Seal land would be
          .156" / 3.98mm wide on the water side should be good. EGR side would be
          .0775" / 1.97mm wide not good.

Comment

I'm using an Explorer upper. I'm gonna talk to the local machine shop and see if they can do the bore work. Filling it with aluminum does seem like a viable option. I'll ask around the local racers and see if anyone's done it before.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              If that Lokar kit is cuttable, I'm probably gonna go that route.
              Just scored a Mark VIII MAF for $27 shipped.

Just be carefull when you cut it, use a really sharp pair of snips so the cable doesnt fray out. On the braided sleve I used a die grinder to make a clean cut.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                I am out of stock spacers I dont know what a yard will charge me for one.
                Eh, don't bother - I still have my stock upper intake setup, which includes the plenum, the EGR spacer, and the TB, I can drop off any or all of these after work some time next week if you want.

Comment

I couldn't get my stock EGR off the plenum. Busted up all the bolt areas trying to do it. Hehehe. Who was it who said an axe isn't a precision tool? I owe you a cookie.

I'm winning a bid on a set of 24# injectors. Hopefully, I get 'em. I'm deciding between the Lokar kit and the EGR modifications. If I can do the Lokar kit I should be able to run the Mustang EGR spacer with no issues (has anyone used this Lokar kit with the throttle cable bracket before?), but if I can find a way to bore out the CV EGR enough, I can use stock bracketry and cable... which I would prefer.

I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Oh- and feel free to keep the ideas coming.

I appreciate the warning and advice, Mercmarquis. I'll keep that in mind if I go that route.

Comment

If I get a free spacer I can get it bored for 35. Unless they charge me a bit more for 5mm bigger than the 60mm they do for me now.

Filling it with weld facing the spacer wwill cost big though. Welding the flange wider cost me 35. I can face it on a lathe. But I have to pay to use the lathe.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by turbo2256b; 09-03-2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

ok how much will that cost? you may be able to find a 65mm spacer on ebay for a 5.0 fox mustang for pretty cheap
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

why bother boring a 50mm spacer..........just have the bosses for the throttle cable and tv bracket welded onto a mustang 65mm spacer

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It's a consideration, Scott.

For the rest of you... please read the whole fucking thread before you offer advice. Seriously.

Comment

Maybe some of that Hard-Blok stuff they fill water passages with on engines would work to fill in the spacer?
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Epoxy the hell out of it

Comment

Working...
                                X