Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Weld!

You could always machine your own from a block of aluminum or plastic, since all it has to do is mount the throttle cables and pass air. No EGR or coolant going through it.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

to my knowledge the lokar kit will not work with EFI.
      I recommend you keep the stock CV style throttle linkage and cables, using the Fox body stuff is not a permanent solution as it severely kinks the TV cable.

The Lightning EGR spacer is the best way, especially if you are using an Explorer or GT-40 style upper intake. sign up on www.nloc.net and make a WTB post in the Gen 1 parts section, for the EGR spacer. 3 people contacted me within 15 mins of making the post.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq
        to my knowledge the lokar kit will not work with EFI.
        I recommend you keep the stock CV style throttle linkage and cables, using the Fox body stuff is not a permanent solution as it severely kinks the TV cable.

The Lightning EGR spacer is the best way, especially if you are using an Explorer or GT-40 style upper intake. sign up on www.nloc.net and make a WTB post in the Gen 1 parts section, for the EGR spacer. 3 people contacted me within 15 mins of making the post.

Yeah, only took you how long to figure that out? LOL.... J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
          I've learned a lot tonight. I could go through and explain everything, but I don't feel like it, so I'll give you the Cliff notes.

2.) I need to upgrade this fuel pump. Big time.
          No power at all. It would appear that the header gaskets causing the attempted rich condition were actually allowing the proper (maybe SLIGHT overkill) amount of fuel to be pumped, but as it was, it seems to be running lean. Power flattened out at 4,300 RPMs. I shifted. Blah, blah, blah... doing 55mph and I took my foot off the accelerator... still doing 55mph.

So... I'm in the market for 24# injectors, 80mm MAF, A9L, better fuel pump, Gen 1 Lightning EGR spacer, another stock throttle cable bracket, and possibly new lifters. I'm so ready for this to be done.

Nevertheless...

I'd seriously do just the fuel pump before you do 24 lb injectors. With a stock HO cam and an otherwise stock Exploder motor, you should be able to get away with the 19, with possibly a slight bump in the fuel pressure. You really should not be making enough power to need a 24 lb injector set. Besides, doing it step at a time, you know exactly what effect a particular change made.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I agree with gadget. And the 80mm maf is gonna prolly cause some issues too. Baby steps. You'll get pissed when you spend a ton of time and money and it doesn't run well....I know I am. Still gotta spend a bunch of $$ to get mine right still.

Comment

Actually, heck, with that setup a speed density should be OK. David's explorer motor breaks up at high speed, but we're attributing a lot of that to the stock weak valve springs. It has a lot of power right up till it breaks up though. Unfortunately no tach, but my ears tell me probably around 4500 rpm or so is when it carrys on. It also is running an Explorer camshaft too, which has a power profile at a slightly lower rpm range than yours has. Its running a stock Mark VII speed density ECM and 19 lb injectors.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm gonna try the pump. I already have the MAF on the way- it's in the plans and I saw a good deal on it so I got it. I have similar, if not better, specs than a '93 Cobra and it came with 24# injectors. That's why I'm considering going with them; I don't want to risk my motor just to save a buck. But at the same time, I don't like wasting more money than I already have, so I'll start with the pump and see what happens.
                Still trying to figure out teh EGR/throttle linkage situation. I was already a member of NLOC and meant to make the post a long time ago, but forgot. Just made one a moment ago; hopefully I'll get a response.
                They have a KB 2.2 for sale that almost made me require a towel for clean up.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                  why bother boring a 50mm spacer..........just have the bosses for the throttle cable and tv bracket welded onto a mustang 65mm spacer

That is an awesome idea!,I think I'm gonna try it.I gotta find a donor box spacer to get the bosses off of though.If it works out I'll let you guys know.

Comment

Mike- what did you pay for your Marauder air box? Everyone I know is wanting $50 or more. Think that's fair?
                    Best offer is $50 plus shipping for the box, air filter, and inlet pipe.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Nada. Nate gave me his I think that's a fair price. Figuring it's a limited production piece that a lot of people want.

Comment

Well... another guy PMed me on MMN for my e-mail so he can send me pictures of his air box he's willing to sell. Maybe I'll get an even better deal.

Are the K&N FIPK type kits any good or not noticeable enough to justify the $3,724?

Comment

What tube are you running, Mike? Looks like the Marauder tube has a lot going on...

Comment

I think he's using a new CVPI one but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Yeah- that's what Scott says.

Comment

Yup 04 PI zip tube...34 bucks from ford.

Comment

Working...
                                X