Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it. You know you want to.

Comment

:cry:
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Bling bling, nugga!
        Only took about five minutes to get the pump back into the tank, then about twenty to get the tank remounted. It went SO much more smoothly than when we did the swap on my dad's wagon... in a parking lot... with no jack.
        Oh- re-installation was done alone (had a friend over when I did the plugs, wires, and coil harness on the white one and dropped/swapped the tank and pump).
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Cool... now get your ass in it, and drive over here so you can get good pics and vids.

Comment

That's a negative. Going to pick up the throttle body and EGR spacer gaskets in the morning. Once I get the Lightning EGR spacer and "new" stock throttle cable bracket installed it should be rolling strong.

Should.

Comment

It'll be weird driving it without the throttle hanging open and actually being able to get a true WOT...

Comment

Forgot to get an EGR valve gasket for the new spacer.
                Damn it- no test drive tonight!

Comment

use the old gasket,

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The old gasket actually came off okay, but I don't like taking apart anything until I have everything ready to put back together. I reused the old one and I'm saving the new one for the white wagon, in case I end up needing it. Same for the EGR to intake gasket.

Comment

(For those of you who haven't been keeping up, I recently installed new CompCams beehive valve springs, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, tall valve covers, and Lightning EGR spacer; I still have a couple lifters, Marauder air box, Taurus fan, 3.73s, and traclock to install.)

Woot!! I just ran it and this thing is some kind of strong.
                      Still need to add a few more things (like an oil change, since I added MMO in hopes of getting the lifter pumped up), but it's ready to roll. It's very strong. I'll probably change the 80s police wheels back to this one since they have good tires and the white one isn't running right anyway. Then I'll detail it up.

I do have some pics and videos that will be posted up as soon as my buddy gets back home to New Orleans and hosts 'em for me.

Thanks for the help, those of you who have contributed... but this is only the beginning.

Comment

So no more breaking up BS or running out of power at like 4000 rpm or whatever now?
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Newp! First time I pulled out I went straight to 6,000 RPMs without even noticing it. I'm gonna probably pull the plugs and clean 'em really well before long, since they're probably gunked up compliments of the previous rich condition, but it's running very well. I caught a mad exhaust backfire when I revved it idle and came off too quickly, but running it hard (for the few minutes I did) didn't give any indication of problems.

Gonna change the oil before I take it out the driveway again.

Comment

Dude that thing is fast! I was there. The videos will be up very soon.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                            1994 Lincoln Town Car
                            2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

Oh- and I want a '03+ Panther, now. Riding in Matt's, I realized how much more refined they are after 14 years of innovation.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X