Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:werd:
    The new combo will be significantly easier to diagnose, but will also be significantly more expensive to repair.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
      :werd:
      The new combo will be significantly easier to diagnose, but will also be significantly more expensive to repair.
      The suspense grows...:waiting:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

7.3 Powerstroke!

Comment

hmm.......A 514 and a C5? trans???
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

4.6L with OBDII
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm not saying a thing until I have donor car and/or all the parts. Even then, I may not actually tell you what I'm doing (those of you who know, keep quiet) until it's done.
              May not have everything situated to even begin until renovations are complete on the house.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                4.6L with OBDII
                :stupid:
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

After seeing all the shit you went though,and mr.ltd is still going through with the EFI exploder swap,I am seriously considering selling all the EFI stuff off my explorer motor and going carb.I don't have much money or time to throw at it to make it run right,and I need a smooth running reliable engine the first time I put it in the Vic.Even as much as I loathe carbs I may have no other choice.

Comment

Carbs really aren't that bad.
                    I had something wrong in the wiring or somewhere in the original equipment that really threw me off... not to mention blown lifters.
                    Mike's problem is his cam and valvetrain combination, I believe... if you keep the stock equipment (at least for now), you should be okay. Talk to Scott about it- the SuperLinc has the Exploder motor and it's running fine, for the most part.

Comment

EFI on an Explorer motor works fine if it has the stock cam. The Superlincoln runs great with the stock Explorer cam and a Mark VII speed density ECM. It would also run OK with an HO cam I think. Its when you go swapping the cams to non-stock or doing other things that make the EFI run outside its expected parameters that it goes all idiotic. If you dont want to mess with it, leave the cam in there, swap the valve springs, and roll with it. It'll run like nobody's business and won't give you any shit. You can make more power, sure, but with that comes more money and effort to make it work right. Don't fear the EFI. Ford fuel injection isn't real complicated, it just gets a little bitchy when you try to do things it wasn't programmed to do without re-programming it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh I don't fear the EFI,lol.I actually love EFI and it's reliability/power,and I want to stick with it.I just don't have much money or time to throw at it to make it run right.I've learned alot about Ford's EFI system(s) since I got this car a few yrs ago,and I love the technical complexity of it all,even all the miles of wiring in my engine bay,call me crazy.

I wonder if the HO cam would cause problems,and cause it not to run smoothly.Maybe I should stick with the stock exploder cam,and sell my HO cam,hmmmmm.......????I think I will stick with the MPFI,unless it refuses to run correctly after some tweaking and pisses me off enough times,then it'll be getting ripped off and sold for a carb.I really hope it works out with the EFI though,we shall see.
                        Last edited by LTDMan83; 10-12-2006, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Yup, the issue with mine is the cam. A bit too much for a untuned SD or mass air setup. The car still runs damn good and gets better milage than most people here do with thier stock lopos...If you swap the cam on a GT40 headed motor, you will run into valvetrain issues...I have a feeling that the base circle is larger on the explorer cam...

Comment

What about 1.7 RR's with a stock Explorer motor? Would that throw it off?
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Well... the drivetrain is officially gone. The engine went to Matt and the clutch, flywheel, block plate, shifter, handle, and bellhousing will go to another member here. All parts are in good hands except the transmission case, which I intend to open to share with the world why T5s are not designed for 4,000 pound station wagons.

Comment

Working...
                                X