converters and govenors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
    Unless you got stainless full length headers you got ripped off bro.
    No, that's the rape scene from 'Billy Jack' if he paid that much for Hooker shorties.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
      I am assuming these are from the guy(s) in florida... all he does is restall stock 13" converters, which are prone to ballooning if they get too hot.

both B&M and lentech offer 11" converters, both are non-lockup, which will hurt fuel mileage a tad, but offer increase strength and less breakage.
      typically the 11" converters are 2400 rpm stall range, but lentech will do a custom stall.
      they start in the $400 range and go up.

several companies, including Lentech, offer a 10" converter. typically they go 2600-2800 rpm stall range. Lentech will do a custom stall for your application.

If you are serious about torque converters, get a Precision Industries 9.5" converter... they will stall it at any speed you want. prices start at $1,000
      PTC and Emerald are also very good brands

I have a TCI street fighter 10" 3000 rated stall, anti-baloon plate, for a big bell case fill C4. last time i checked they dont even list the converter i have, but the two closet ones retail for something like $650
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by import convert View Post
        unless im thinking of hte cost with hte mustang pipes i got at the same time. ill have to make sure what it was. i hate when i forget things
        Still outrageous... the good news is you'd still be able to use the h pipe with the FMS headers. Keep an eye on corral and ebay and you will be able to find a pair on the cheap.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
          There's a guy on eBay that I got my 2400 from for the Linc. Went down to his shop in spring hill with scott and picked it up from him. Good work and shop. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. I think the name was Morandon Transmissions
          Ah, pretty sure that's the one. Weird name starting with M. I thought I'd added that to my eBay favorite sellers for future reference, but I couldn't find it.

Is that the same guy the others are saying restall stock converters?

Import Convert: I thought you'd already gotten yourself some good heads?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

got a refurbished set of e7s and they just need to be ported and have a good set of valve springs put on

Comment

Meh, I paid $340 for my coated BBK 15110s from Summit.

I think the converter in the Monte Carlo is a Boss Hoss, or something like that. 3800 stall. I think its a piece of shit; don't buy one of those.

I always thought Coan was a good name for converters, but I don't think they make them for AODs. Their stuff is largely based on drag racing, too.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                Meh, I paid $340 for my coated BBK 15110s from Summit.
                ... and that's one heck of a set of headers, too. Very good quality stuff. TOTCG's/my 1511s are quite a number of years old and still look loads and oodles better than my Flowtechs that I painstakingly glassbeaded and spray-coated just 3 years ago.

Comment

Well, the coating is starting to rust in a few spots...:nonono:
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

ok. so a mustang govenor will rev to about 5k. i have a feeling im getting that and holding off with the other stuff cause i need to get my car going so i can give my gf her car back so i can dump her. haha. damn i wish i had time to get a different converter than a stock one.

Comment

i need to get my car going so i can give my gf her car back so i can dump her.
                      That's just creepy, dude.

Comment

ok. so a mustang govenor will rev to about 5k. i have a feeling im getting that and holding off with the other stuff cause i need to get my car going so i can give my gf her car back so i can dump her. haha. damn i wish i had time to get a different converter than a stock one.

over 5K...~5200 IIRC
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          That's just creepy, dude.
                          the honda i got is sitting in her grandmosters driveway. it has like 1k worht of stuff on it thats worth keeping so i dont want to just throw it at a junkyad with all that on there.

my merc only has like 2.5 gears (3rd kinda works) and im doing front suspension work on it then ill change the transmission. as of now im borrowing one of her cars. so if i leave her then i got a car thats not registered at her grandmothers house and my merc thats not realy drivable. kinda sucks

Comment

Working...
                          X