No announcement yet.

tv cable help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clutches don't stay engaged properly with low pressure. Think of it like a manual trans vehicle with your foot partially on the clutch all the time so it slips. It will go down the road for a while, but it will smoke the clutch out in the process. The AOD isn't much different with low pressure.

As for the EGR stuff, if it was doing the bucking hitching BS with the EGR hooked up, its probably a sticky EVR. I had that problem and fixed it by pulling the foam thingy out of the EVR, and spraying wd40 down the tube. I think I also shot some in both ports where the vacuum lines hook up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      The clutches don't stay engaged properly with low pressure. Think of it like a manual trans vehicle with your foot partially on the clutch all the time so it slips. It will go down the road for a while, but it will smoke the clutch out in the process. The AOD isn't much different with low pressure.

As for the EGR stuff, if it was doing the bucking hitching BS with the EGR hooked up, its probably a sticky EVR. I had that problem and fixed it by pulling the foam thingy out of the EVR, and spraying wd40 down the tube. I think I also shot some in both ports where the vacuum lines hook up.

Tried that as per your advice, but it didn't seem to clear anything up. I put a screw in the end of the green hose that previously attached to the EGR valve, and whatever problems were there seemed to go away.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
      X