No announcement yet.

Floor Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may also need a shifter arm off a mustang transmission. A mustang uses a different arm than a panther does. You have to change them when you put a mustang aod in a panther so... You might have to switch back to use a shifter meant for a stang in a panther.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

Ivan had a floor shifter in his Lincoln. It was a factory unit out of something. I have the floor shifter from a '91 Mustang... looks like it could be made to work.

I'm not a fan of aftermarket automatic shifters.

I'd use a late '60s GM horseshoe floor shifter before I'd buy a clunky aftermarket piece.

Colin had a B&M Quiksilver. We have one in the '86 Monte Carlo, and its a pain in the balls. Should have just left the shifter on the column, and gone with a reverse pattern valvebody.

Unless you have transmission modifications, you don't need a floor shifter. And even when I do my transmission mods, I am keeping the column shifter.
      Last edited by P72Ford; 03-13-2011, 09:06 PM.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Okay, hopefully this will work then. I am going to put the Silverfox valvebody in it with the OD lockout, so I get a second gear, and it'll be stronger. Or I may just buy the Silverfox 450 AOD. I just want a shifter in the floor, and hope this will work for the moment.
        85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
        09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
        79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
        64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Ivan had a floor shifter in his Lincoln. It was a factory unit out of something. I have the floor shifter from a '91 Mustang... looks like it could be made to work.
          Epi modified the gates on one from a '60s Mustang with a C4. Don't remember what he did as far as the linkage, but I remember him telling me it was all levers, no cables. I think Ivan's was from a Thunderbird or something.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Unless you have transmission modifications, you don't need a floor shifter. And even when I do my transmission mods, I am keeping the column shifter.
          +1 .... absolutely no real reason to have an aftermarket shifter with a stock AOD unless you just feel like it and don't want to save your $150-$200 toward more worthwhile mods (like a $150-$300 aftermarket valvebody!). With a PRN(O/3)21 aftermarket valvebody, maybe.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
          X