No announcement yet.

Police valve body shift kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true...even if it gets to that point then i'll prolly dish out the doh to get this: http://www.ford-aod.com/ or something similar that will be able to handle a 400+ hp 351
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

nah just get brian to build you an aod.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

this is true, i forgot about Brian, I'll have to ask him what parts he uses in his builds, when the time is right.

OH, messed with the TV rod adjustment, my shift flare into OD is gone now and it seems to downshift better...i am pleased with the results.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I'm guessing you just screwed the adjustment in a bit? as in more of the little adjustment screw showing forward of the rod?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

yes indeed, here's a pic from someone else on the site...however the adjustment screw on mine does not touch that little plate...its back a few inches, at least with the car off in park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00356.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1267829
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Fleet model with cruise control ...
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                yes indeed, here's a pic from someone else on the site...however the adjustment screw on mine does not touch that little plate...its back a few inches, at least with the car off in park.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30378[/ATTACH]
                Some carb cleaner on the linkage will make it return back to the plate. When I first bought my car my linkage was really sticky and the tv rod wouldn't return... felt fine when I was gasing it but at part throttle especially going into third it felt really strange. I also changed my return spring to one that was less rusty to help it return.

Comment

Working...
                X