No announcement yet.

Valve Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a factory trans cooler in addition to the one in the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      I have a factory trans cooler in addition to the one in the radiator.

When I put my WR-AOD in the 87, everyone told me to upgrade from the factory stuff, so I put in a giant plate style cooler.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The stock cooler is better than nothing, but more would be better. One of these days I'll start taking my own advice and upgrade mine, and install that filter thats been in the trunk for 2 years.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The band you'd want is. 2 inch of band its part of the good aod rebuild . For cooling I was liking the explorer units which.can be had for relativly cheap or one from a whale police car. BTW check out the aid section of click click racing it has a very in depth sticky for the aod its under the epoxy mod sticky I believe. The other thing is to go with a 1 piece input shaft as well
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

only need the one piece if you're going over 400 realistic HP IIRC. The one piece also eliminates the direct clutch so that there is no "lock-up" (quotes because there is no such thing in an AOD anyhow, but with the one piece input shaft, there's always a multiplier function in affect on the torque converter... as in, it's never directly driving the trans like with the two piece unit).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Plus the extra heat that not bypassing the converter produces pretty much demands a bigger cooler.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't want a 1 piece driveshaft. Kinda dumb to have torque converter slippage in overdrive... LOL

Comment

Its for strength. There is a place where its appropriate but you (and I dare say almost nobody else on here) is at that point where the stock shafts are really a problem. Has anyone on here actually burned up an AOD for something other than a TV bushing failure or simple mileage and prior neglect? I know I don't recall any posts about anyone snapping input shafts. I think Blaze broke a planetary set.

Comment

I have a Silverfox SPT-R in my coupe.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      I have a Silverfox SPT-R in my coupe.
                      How did you run the wiring for the Overdrive lockout solenoid? Did you have to drill into the case or something?

Comment

Yeah. Its easy, though, and it doesn't leak there, either.
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Don't have any. You drill it from the inside out, and Dan includes a tapered thread insert that the wire passes through.

Comment

Working...
                            X