Taurus Fan Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies
    If you don't mind 89Grandmarquis would you get me a link to that Kit from autozone? I think for now I'll just wire it to a normaly switch and run it like Deuce is for now. Doesn't matter much since the car isn't on the road and doesn't see a lot of run time right now.
    From Advance Auto:

Hayden Fan Control Kit
    Part Number: 3652
    Fan Control Kit: Preset On at 185/Off at 170 Deg. F; Or {3647}
    $24

From Autozone:

Painless Performance Electric Fan Thermostat Kit
    Part No. 30112
    $66

Preset Electric Radiator Fan Control Kit
    HAY-3652
    $38

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

Originally posted by 89GrandMarquis
      From Advance Auto:

Hayden Fan Control Kit
      Part Number: 3652
      Fan Control Kit: Preset On at 185/Off at 170 Deg. F; Or {3647}
      $24

From Autozone:

Painless Performance Electric Fan Thermostat Kit
      Part No. 30112
      $66

Preset Electric Radiator Fan Control Kit
      HAY-3652
      $38
      Ive got the Hayden controller. i dont think teh thermostat works. im just using it as a fused relay
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
        Check out the 88/90 2.3 mustangs they have a electric fan at least my old one did you could use the wiring and the temp sending unit from that and just hook it up in your car with the newer fan. It dont hurt to try it
        I looked into doing something like this, but actually using the Taurus controller. They have tie-ins with the ECM and the speed sensors and all sorts of BS. Maybe the Mustang ones are different but I doubt it. More trouble than its worth.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Have you seen this article http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...cfan/index.php

Comment

I have now Jason, thanks. Looks like I may need to do the 3G Alt. swap?
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

I would suggest it very much. The stock 65 amp jobbie is barely sufficient anyway, add to that a 15-20 amp draw for a fan on low and you're in serious trouble. The stock alternators have horrible idle speed output too, and thats when you'd really need it for traffic. The 3g on my car holds 14.65 volts at idle with all the lights, etc turned on.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X