No announcement yet.

alternator fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and did I mention that I ended up riding my bicycle 3 miles to the nearest parts store (Murray's out on Gratiot north of Warren) and bring an extra battery back in a backpack just so I could get my car home from where it was stranded on West Warren Avenue? I think my back hurt for a week after that, and I was dashed grateful my soon-to-be father-in-law was on IM and was able to mention a few key details about alternators.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i hate idiot lights. i'm slowly buying guages one by one untill i have all theones i need, water temp, voltage, eventually a tach and oil pressure. maybe even boost someday. the car only came with a speedometer and idiot lights, it's a wonder it's still running. as far as the alternator goes i do see a 3G conversion in the future once i get another car to stuff the family in.my next custom accessory will be a fire extinguisher for sure.
      '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

I'm with you on that. I have a set of six Autometer gauges, but I only have the speedo hooked up at present because I need to piece together a new dash. Right now my field circuit is completed by just a plain loop of wire. But a 10-Ohm 12V light bulb from the electronic doodads drawer at Radio Shack is going in the new dash panel just for the sake of completeness.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I keep a fire extinguisher under the seat now too. The electrical thing didn't really make a big mess, but I'd had it on fire previously from a sliced injector O ring.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X