Trailer light wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer light wiring question

Hey all, before I start hacking up my taillight harness, is there a connector anywhere on the Lincoln Town Cars that is plug and play for trailer light wiring? I saw in the wiring from Ford that it was an option back in the 80s.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Nope. You have a full length wiring harness in your car, there's no easy access point like in the aeros and whales. You get to have fun splicing all that out. Easiest access point in most panthers is driver side of the trunk where the bulk of the wires comes in. Not sure if Lincoln followed that as well though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think there is actually a plug somewhere up next to the driver's side trunk hinge, but I don't know whats in there. Unless thats just my car which is a tow package setup. the tow package cars had a bank of relays up there and a dedicated power feed. The relays were operated from the usual blinker source but the power was direct from the battery so it didn't load down the blinker and make it go stupid. Reasonably sure it just plugs in between the sections of factory harness but I've never studied it all that close. Would be easy enough to see though, the harness from the tail lights goes up through that area before going along the door sills.

doubt there is any pre-made harness but if you have some connectors and pins you could make your own.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X