Rear defog switch '86 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear defog switch '86 MGM

So this will make you laugh. Before I discovered that my alt was the cause of my battery going dead on a regular basis, I assumed that the rear defog switch was causing the drain.
    Well, last week I put back the connector to the switch assuming I would not have any problem.
    LOL, after this I found that the switch would not turn off, even when I pushed the slide to the off position................what makes me say this?...........the pilot light on the front stayed on, even when I pushed the slide down. Yes in time I assume the internal delay kicked in as the light went off. Well no way I would have this situation..........I took a bungee cord and with one end-hook on the slide, I pulled the other end hook to a position under the dash so the slide would be forced in the off position. If the defog is needed I will remove the cord, then put it back when leaving the car.

I.. uhh.. would've been too ashamed to admit this to the general public.

Replacements are available:
    EOVB-19A328-A2B FORD 8089 MERCURY LINCOLN REAR DEFROST SWITCH NEW NOS | eBay
    1980-1989 FORD CROWN VICTORIA TOWN CAR REAR DEFROST CONTROL SWITCH | eBay
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      I.. uhh.. would've been too ashamed to admit this to the general public.

Replacements are available:
      EOVB-19A328-A2B FORD 8089 MERCURY LINCOLN REAR DEFROST SWITCH NEW NOS | eBay
      1980-1989 FORD CROWN VICTORIA TOWN CAR REAR DEFROST CONTROL SWITCH | eBay
      Dude, at 75 yrs of age..................nothing bothers me.....................except women not giving me the time of day like they used to back in the day;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post

Dude, at 75 yrs of age..................nothing bothers me.....................except women not giving me the time of day like they used to back in the day;-)
        The way many women are you are dodging a MAJOR bullet!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

The way many women are you are dodging a MAJOR bullet!
          LOL.............walking around NYC is dangerous from crime, but from young girls like 13-14 with chests that have developed to that of adult women..........really distracting

Comment

I wouldn't admit that in public either.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Not unless you wish to be seen at the Post Office and you're not there buying stamps!

Comment

You mean to tell me that in today's America, just commenting about the rapid development of young girls is enough to toss one in jail, I really hope you are are not serious.
                Thain, I assume you have not been in NYC in many years, witnessing first hand many aspects of NYC life. Guess you also do not spend too much time at the Jersey shore

Comment

In today's world, we don't need no stinking facts - we got accusations!

Comment

staring at 13 year old girls and checking out their boobs is creepy, I don't care where you live.

Nobody from New Jersey goes to the shore here. Its all people from NYC or Philly.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

staring at 13 year old girls and checking out their boobs is creepy, I don't care where you live.

Nobody from New Jersey goes to the shore here. Its all people from NYC or Philly.
                      If you know they are 13 - yes, absolutely. What about sniffing their hair? I understand you can then become President! LOL

Comment

Where did you get the idea I STARED???????????????? I simple reported what I saw.............if that is a creepy crime, well Thain............."lock my ass up"
                        And as to the shore, your statement is kinda broad.................I would bet you real money that when I go down to my cousins house in Bradley Beach and walk the boardwalk down to Asbury Park, the majority of folks are Joy-ze-ites..............just listen to them talk

Comment

STILL trying to determine if it is not a vacuum issue (which I still believe it to be) then what is it?

Comment

pretty sure what you think is happening is not whats happening with the fan

air moving to somewhere else is absolutely a vacuum problem, fan slowing down is not.

as for the other stuff, a wise man once said "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

Comment

pretty sure what you think is happening is not whats happening with the fan

air moving to somewhere else is absolutely a vacuum problem, fan slowing down is not.

As for the other stuff, a wise man once said "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"
                              lol
                              Last edited by Toploader; 10-12-2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X