Wiper problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper problem

When ignition is off wiper interval, box makes noise when wiper switch is off and won’t shut off wiper motor with power on or off

I'm guessing the "box" is the wiper governor? I had a similar issue with the governor making noise on my 94 explorer, replaced the governor and that solved it. My wipers were not working with ignition off though.

Comment

box is the governor, it has something to do with the parking system. No idea what the fail mode is, but I've heard from more than one person that clicking / buzzing is usually what happens, sometimes along with the wipers not parking, and replacing it with another makes it all happy again. I've never actually had to fool with one so I don't know how it works or fails.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Posted in wrong area I have a 1987 crown wagon

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
          Posted in wrong area I have a 1987 crown wagon
          Ford used the same parts/systems among a lot of different platforms, and model years. For example, my 94 explorer steering wheel is a dead ringer for a 87-93 Mustang wheel. And my 93 MGM had the same or almost the same wheel as well. My 94 explorer wiper motor is the same wiper motor as my 79 Zephyr.
          If you can locate your governor and remove it, you could probably find one from a Ford of similar year that you could match up, that might work.

Comment

Working...
          X