No announcement yet.

Carb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about the insides of the cars what can be exchanged.

Comment

The emblems are different, but I think you'll find most of the stuff will swap right over.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

what about the insides of the cars what can be exchanged.

Comment

How hard is it to replace a back quarter window? Should i jus get a new door or just replace the window?

Comment

Inside: Seats, Carpet, Door Panels, Dash Pads, Some Dash Trim. You'll notice the Merc/Ford Speedo Difference, I'm don't think that can be swapped without a complete dash swap.

The back quarter window? You mean the little window that doesn't roll down behind the regular rear door window? For some odd reason, I am thinking it bolts in, but I'm, probably way off. Feel free to make a new post in the 5.0/5.8 Tech section.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I need to knw how to replace a window. All the steps.

Comment

You know, putting this in another thread would probably get the most exposure.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

good point

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    My ford parts guy @ Columbia Ford (Columbia, CT) told me he could get me one as of last summer. I'm sure they're not being made anymore... just left overs.

That's assuming he can actually find some in stock somewhere! I had a dealer tell me multiple times they could get me brand-new tailgate weatherstripping, only to be told when I wanted to actually order it that it's an obsolete part and that he couldn't find it in stock anywhere else either. Mysteriously, that dealer showed a 1990's part number for the '95 Mustang valvesprings I wanted recently but couldn't get them, while another dealer showed a 1980's part number and ordered them right up. The former also had an awful time getting me a carbureted fuel pickup screen, while the latter had it in my hands in short order. Very, very weird!!!
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      That's assuming he can actually find some in stock somewhere! I had a dealer tell me multiple times they could get me brand-new tailgate weatherstripping, only to be told when I wanted to actually order it that it's an obsolete part and that he couldn't find it in stock anywhere else either.
                      When my parts guy says he can get it, he can get it. (The carb he found was coming out of a dealer in MI, IIRC.)
                      My dad has gotten parts from this guy for years. Never any mistakes, and if theres one thing I know, its that when he says he can get it, he will.

I had this guy round me up four of the "poverty caps" for police cars last year. thge larger polished ones. He told me they are getting harder to find, but two days later I had four NOS pieces in the ford boxes.

As for your original parts connection; you need to move on to someone a little more reliable.

Sometimes parts orders are messed up though. I remember my Dad ordered the small police car center caps (the small stainless ones that fit over the nuts). He selected them from a picture. The guy (not the main connection) ordered them, and they came in as a totally different style from what he selected. The would fit, but were far different from what he wanted. Eventually it was figured out.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                      X