heater core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater core

got heater core out but forgot where vac lines hook back up any help i think i got them back right but unsure
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
    got heater core out but forgot where vac lines hook back up any help i think i got them back right but unsure
    One way to check is to play with your heater controls, and see if each door opens when it's supposed to. Can you run your car yet? If you can start the car and run it, then it will be easy to see if each door is opening on the correct setting.

It looks like you didn't pull the dash down, how did you manage to get the plenum out of there with the dash still in place??

Comment

ill try running it. i just took off the top screws and two lower bolts and pulled it up and out

Comment

through the bottom like that is actually the Ford specified way to do it. Its just about the same work as out through the top, but it involves more time under the dash. The plenum being totally out lets you fix any broken air doors though.

An EVTM is what you need for that, unfortunately I don't have one for a non-atc car. I think you have a non-ATC car, I didn't see the hose for the temperature sniffer thing.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i have a non-ATC car

Comment

got no heat coming out of vents defrost and floor what could be wrong blower motor works any help thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
              got no heat coming out of vents defrost and floor what could be wrong blower motor works any help thanks
              Is the heater blend door open? Have you burped the cooling system from air bubbles? If you have drained the radiator completely, and filled it back up, chances are you need to run it until coolant starts coming out of the radiator. Start the car, and let it run, have the heater on the hottest setting, on vent, with the fan on high. Run the car with the radiator cap off,when coolant starts to come out of the radiator, close the cap, then it should be heating properly. I had a funky reading on my temperature gauge once, I had flushed the cooling system and I was filling it back up with fresh coolant. I had the heater running, on high, but I felt no heat, the gauge climbed to 225*, which scared the shit out of me, but as soon as it reached there, it dropped down to 195* or so, and I had hot air coming out of the vents.
              Are all the settings working properly??
              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, you got vacuum lines hooked up properly.
                2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

when you had the box out did you notice if the white plastic door is broken?
                  they break and you need to fab up a hinge in place where the plastic hinge split

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the white plastic door where is that located

Comment

Working...
                    X