Shop manual vol. A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop manual vol. A

I was wondering if anyone had a Volume A shop manual: Body/Chassis/electrical for '86-'89, actually, any year with tripminders would probably work fine. I'm wondering if there is more detailed information about tripminders that isn't already floating around on the site or in EVTM's. Stuff like actual adjustments that can be made. There is a little dial behind the warranty stickers on tripminders, but i'm not sure exactly what they do. Tinkered with one a bit, and there is a little bit of resistance change through the dial between about 90 or 180 degrees of rotation, then nothing. As you turn it when its on, you get all sorts of crazy messages on it too. If anyone has one of those manuals, could you see if there is any pertinent info in there? And if its just a few pages, perhaps scan them or take a good pic of the pages, it'd be much appreciated.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Car Shop Manual 1989

Lincoln Town Car, Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis

Body / Chassis / Electrical / Powertrain

Is this what you need?

Comment

Just fyi 1989 was a combined A & B manual. 1988 was still a separate A & B. 1988 and 1989 tripminder coverage is identical. Pretty well the entire A section is identical information wise. I'd like to say 1987 is also the same but its been too long since I read that one.

Alex.

Comment

Thats probably exactly what i need. Is there some tripminder information in that book ringting?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

my '81 shop manual only has a quick diagnostics bit in the clocks section. no mention of adjustments. on the flip side, there are lots and lots of pages about the lincoln message center lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I seem to recall just the self-test info and basic "do you have power here" tests in the 86 shop manual. I'll double check when I get home though. I've also wondered what that adjustment does. I was thinking maybe it was a calibration setting of some sort to fix innacurate gas mileage readings. At least thats what I'd like it to be for since thats the only thing I have trouble with.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am willing to provide, personal reference materials, later tonight. You understand why I make this statement? Located on west coast so if you need it ASAP send me at note.

Comment

I set up folder. Was not able to load PDFs. Hope the folder is of use.

Comment

I will probably clear the folder tonight so if you need to REVIEW anything in there please do so soon. As I work on things I am scanning pages and saving them as PDFs. These can not be posted so personal reference materials need to be emailed.

Hope it is going well.

Comment

Working...
                  X