Some mods i want to Do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some mods i want to Do.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how i would be able to setup that when i lock my doors from the inside the horn beeps until you let go of the lock button. I am thinking i would have to run a wire off the power feed for the horn and wire into the wire that triggers the lock switch.

Also is there also a way to make the doors lock by them selves when you put the car in drive and unlock when you put it into park.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

When you lock the doors from the inside you want your horns to sound?

May I ask why?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

when new cars lock there door they chirp the horn. Plus i get to play around with my horns.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

the horn honking indicates you're arming the security system.

The factory keyless entry stuff locks the doors automatically when you shift through reverse. Personally I've always loathed that feature, but if you want to figure out how to install the Lincoln keyless entry stuff, that will get you what you want. Fair warning, its not an insignificant amount of wiring. If you really want to do it right, the keyless entry module completely replaces the stock lock/unlock relays, plus the wiring circuit to the lock switches is different, and the driver's side door lock is on it's own separate circuit from the passenger (and rear if applicable) door locks.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

too complicated for me then. I guess i will find some other no expense mods to do.

Comment

John picked up an aftermarket keyless entry for around 50 bucks that works welll...i'm pretty sure it is far less complicated than the stock stuff too.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

yea, i got a wirless remote system for 45bucks for GMGT. it was easy to wire too. has two on/off switch buttons and two momentary switch buttons. so i wired up the horn, trunk pop, driving lights and reverse lights. pretty cool.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

where for 45 bucks

Comment

Working...
                X