Wiring harness question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring harness question

I have decided to replace the wiring harness going to the back of my car, instead of trying to splice new wires in, where mine shorted out and melted... My question is, is there a plug where the rear wiring harness terminates under the dash? I'm going to have to pull the harness out of the trunk into the back seat area to get to the part that I need to replace anyway... Figured I would just go get another harness from the junkyard... IF it is not a nightmare under the dash! Another question about this wiring harness... This is the harness that runs down the driver side of the car.... this harness is only for the tailights etc right? (No fuel pump, speakers etc?) I don't have a wiring harness schematic, So I need to see if those are part of this harness... So I know what i'm getting into! If it is just the tailights, trunk lock, etc... it should be pretty easy to do.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

I have a 1990 evtm I can scan for you, but I am not at home right now. Could have it by tomorrow if that is ok
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Cool that would help alot... I won't be able to work on it until at least Tuesday anyway... thanks

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

I don't know if I have what you need here but I scanned a few diagrams I thought would help and then all of the connector locations. I'll scan some more stuff if you need it.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
          I have decided to replace the wiring harness going to the back of my car, instead of trying to splice new wires in, where mine shorted out and melted... My question is, is there a plug where the rear wiring harness terminates under the dash? I'm going to have to pull the harness out of the trunk into the back seat area to get to the part that I need to replace anyway... Figured I would just go get another harness from the junkyard... IF it is not a nightmare under the dash! Another question about this wiring harness... This is the harness that runs down the driver side of the car.... this harness is only for the tailights etc right? (No fuel pump, speakers etc?) I don't have a wiring harness schematic, So I need to see if those are part of this harness... So I know what i'm getting into! If it is just the tailights, trunk lock, etc... it should be pretty easy to do.
          Ford is evil when it comes to the harness. If you for some crazy reason decide to do the whole drivers' side harness, give yourself alot of time to get the harness from the donor car and then ALOT more to swap it into your car. It has been a while but I believe that the "harness" includes the lock/window wiring and the seat wiring and fuel pump wiring such as the crash switch. Ford tapes all of the wires together in the harness. Plan on taking the trim off the drivers' side and removing the complete rear seat and the drivers' seat so that you can pull the carpet back. Remove the kick panel and plan to go under the dash a bit.
          I would recommend that you just get the portion of the donor harness for whatever you fried and run that from front to rear. You will save yourself time, blood and sweat...
          What exactly did you fry?

Comment

Good Day,
            I just finished 75% stripping a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII. Yes I did cut the wires at different point. If there is something you need and can handle the condition let me know. Cover shipping and were are good.

Goal is/was to keep any thing usable on my 1989 MGM and help the world with items left over.
            Thank you,
            Ringting

Comment

Working...
            X