Box/Aero Dash interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box/Aero Dash interchange

Are Aero any dash parts compatible with my 91 or can the entire dash be swapped over?

I know that you can add the cupholders to a '90 from an aero.

You could probably swap the dash over.

Keep in mind though, the climate controls are on the bottom of the dash. I don't think anyone has ever tried to though.

Comment

The steering column/wheel and the multifunction switch are the same 90-94, that's the only help I can give.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        The steering column/wheel and the multifunction switch are the same 90-94, that's the only help I can give.
        Yeah that too. I've been contemplating swapping a aero vic dash cluster into an aero box. I think they might fit, no telling for sure though.

Comment

I found out by physically checking that some dash parts are common 95-02. I may snag an entire 97 dash and see if it fits in my 91.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
            I found out by physically checking that some dash parts are common 95-02. I may snag an entire 97 dash and see if it fits in my 91.
            Do it!!! If you can, it's another first! Are you gonna hook up everything?

Comment

I started to pull the '97 dash today and ran out of time. I pulled the speedo cluster just so no one else gets to it first. I looked at a couple of 92-94 dashes and decided I definitely do not want one of them. I want the dials for HVAC control and the round guages. This is going to be ALOT of work, but if it can be done it will be a huge improvement. I noticed definite differences in comparing the the 92-94 and the 97 tail lights and panel and the grills. If this ends up being too much work, I will sell my 91 and do a 351W swap into a 95-97, preferrably a 97 P71.
              Last edited by Mercracer; 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mercracer View Post
                i will sell my 91 and do a 351w swap into a 95-97, preferrably a 97 p71.
                ooooh!!!

Comment

Working...
                X