More N00By Gudness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More N00By Gudness

Hey guys I'm back to rattle some brains on ole Xtine ova here. 1986 Colony Park, Power Antenna, i actually found a brand new one @ junkyard, how do i get to it? Second, under the dash on pass. side is a lever, that seems to push in and pull out. When pushed in, fan for HVAC seems to run louder? I have no idea what it might be as i have never seen it before.Radio display comes and goes, any clues, also would antenna install be a job for a noob to tackle? Last but not least, when i was trekking through the junkyard, 88grandmarq knows where i was lol, i saw an 88 TC, with a guage for tempature on driver mirror? Were these common? would it work on Colony Park? Thanx guys as always for your help.
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

2009 Ford Taurus SEL New DD

the power antenna comes out through the inner wheel well. Pull the plastic stuff down around the tire and you can reach in. I think you can get away with just pulling the rear side of it loose. Theres a bunch of plastic pop clip things holding it together.

Sounds like you're manually moving the fresh air / recirc door. In the recirc position its louder because the fan is sucking in-car air. It should be vacuum operated and just take care of itself.

Towncars had temperature gauges standard on the mirror starting sometime in the mid 80s. I dont think the holes are the same as on a CP, but if you did a little bodywork and got out a drill, I'm sure it could be made to work without huge amounts of fuss.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok so that lil lever wont make me have more heat would it? lol as it is freezing balls in ga.............and its supposed to move on its own? hmmmm Recent memory says ive heard it loud as it is, but not as loud as it was tonight
      1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

2009 Ford Taurus SEL New DD

Comment

Working...
      X