ACI window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACI window motor

So the passenger front window motor finally went out, after I had put the new plastic rollers in, but this time, the motor is shot. I wavered between three options:

1. New ACI motor from Advance Auto. $27 with my coupon, for a lifetime warranty
    2. Cardone Select (Dorman) new motor from Advance Auto - $44.50 with coupon, for lifetime warranty (not stocked by Advance, would have to order)
    3. VDO window motor (RockAuto) - $20.70 + shipping. Not sure if reman or new. 1 year warranty. Terminal/connections are splice.

I went with ACI but have noticed the motor is just a little slower than the OEM, when it was working.

Should I have opted for the Dorman unit?
    95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
    96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
    77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
    98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
    90 Grand Marquis, stock

I don't think you'll find anything other than a reman OEM that will actually go as fast. I don't think the newer ones have as much torque.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Anyone ever rebuild the oem ones and what all is involved?
      95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
      96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
      77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
      98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
      90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

someone keeps saying they'll make a thread showing the rebuild process... but pretty much if the magnets are still good and secured... then it's typically the brushes that need replacing. however... I don't know how to do all that. I do know the motors are typically easy to open up. Just screws to get the gear housing off the top and then you can pull the guts out. I don't know if there's anything special about it or whether you have to be careful of anything though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X