Digital atc swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital atc swap

Anyone try it? One of these days, im going to strip my '92 SHO and it has the digital atc. I thought it'd be a cool look. Also, anyone have the vacuum and wiring diagrams on the hvac on a '91 box?
    1992 SHO(what's left of it)
    1986 F-150(rust and option free)
    1950 Studebaker pickup(moves-kinda, stops-no)
    1987 T-bird(dead 3.wait, SHO swap in store)
    1991 CV $500 cream puffF

i have no idea what the SHO has, but if you're looking to retrofit an EATC setup, I think you'd be better off starting with the parts from a 90s or newer Towncar or something that has it. The ATC plenum is different than the non-ATC due to the blend door servo motor. The 91 should already have the electronic blend door servo though, so in all honesty it would be significantly easier to retrofit EATC in than an 80s model with the vacuum control system. If nothing else, you can probably fit it in there without having to pull the dashboard to swap the air plenum assembly, which is something of a bitch to do.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ya. I was thinking of using the head unit off another panther, i just already have 2 SHO units and the whole car to harvest parts from. I was also going to swap the hvac controls and radio like in the newer cars and look at a slide out radio or double din type of radio
      1991 CV $500 cream puffF

Comment

Ever thought about picking up an 80s Taurus Continental ? Perfect thing to stuff those SHO parts into. Just a thought.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ive had my '92 SHO for about 11 years now(i really love it to death) and its really starting to fall apart. It leaks from the side glass and sunroof, the dash and other interior parts rattle and its just wearing out. Besides, im about tired of front wheel drive. Its great in snow and it feels awesome when it just pulls like a turbine without the drama of wheelspin, but torque steer sucks. And the MTX transmissions arent exactly falling from trees. Besides, im going to drop that 220 horse, DOHC, 7,200 redline, boost friendly V6 in my 1987 thunderbird(abt 400lbs lighter) and attach it to a World Class T-5 and fuck up alot of Grand Pricks, Civics and V6 and some V8 Mustangs and f-bodys.
          1991 CV $500 cream puffF

Comment

what gadget said, better off using panther parts
            i always wanted a taurus mt5, i used to work on one and it wouldnt die!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              what gadget said, better off using panther parts
              i always wanted a taurus mt5, i used to work on one and it wouldnt die!
              The mtx's sometimes hold up, sometimes not so much. What really pisses me off about the trans in it now is that i bought the motor/trans from a local car builder for $500 with about 60k(the car has 120k), and it was difficult to shift sometimes. The motor is like glass, but a rough shiftin trans. Oh well, its had a good run and time to focus on the Vicky. The real reason i bought the '91 was to replace the SHO.
              1991 CV $500 cream puffF

Comment

Working...
              X