Odometer broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer broke

This isn't a huge concern, just something i'm curious about. I've had my car for almost a year now, and the odometer has never worked. The tripometer doesn't either. It would be nice to know how many miles i've driven, lol. I don't really even know how many miles are on the car. The odo reads 52k, and I found an oil change sticker under the hood that said 148k on 11/25/11. So I'm assuming its got around 170 or so now.

What could cause it not to work? thanks
    -85 Town Car: Crushed, gone to a better place.
    -91 Grand Marquis: With the Town Car
    -94 Grand Marquis: My DD

What is it you're driving? I seem to remember you saying you had a 91 something. Putting that in your sig would be helpful.

anyway if its a 90s model, they had plastic gears inside that failed. Most likely thats what happened.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've got a 91 grand marquis
      -85 Town Car: Crushed, gone to a better place.
      -91 Grand Marquis: With the Town Car
      -94 Grand Marquis: My DD

Comment

Do a "search" here as there are numerous threads about this issue along with links to sites that have the parts.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X