Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about AC control panel similarities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about AC control panel similarities.

This is probably a REALLY stupid question, and it also shows how anal I can be when it comes to detail, so please bear with me.

I am in the stage of collecting parts to start on a full on resto-mod on my 87 Crown Vic. One of the things that is going to be going is the rear defroster (it's cleaner without it and it should rarely see temperatures cold enough to fully utilize it). I was browsing through NOS parts on ebay, and I noticed this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400489691833

I do not have automatic climate control on my 87, and I LOVE the look of that. My question is will it be a near plug and play swap without any mods? For reference my current panel looks like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	2120340055_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1300633
    Sorry for the shitty image, I googled it.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

I think it will fit. Both parts look to be non ATC. Just the face plate is a different style and the rear defroster switch is not there. The selections on the lower side seem to be the same.

Comment

for the manual controls, it is all the same but without the defroster. It's a plug and play swap. Disconnecting and reconnecting the blend door cable will be the biggest pain in the swap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool beans, thanks guys!
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

The fan switch is not the same. The ATC uses a 3 speed with an auto position and the manual is a 4 speed. I think if you swap the switch it'll work though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Needs more pics attached. Ebay, craigslist, etc don't keep images forever.

Alex.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X