No power to All 4 Windows. Swaoed Relay. Still nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power to All 4 Windows. Swaoed Relay. Still nothing

No power to All 4 Windows. Swapped Relay. Still nothing. I was playing around with the wiring at the firewall starter solenoid. I 1moved all the power side fusible links to add an inline blade fuse for convenience of disconnecting the ecm. Did i frie the fusible link that feeds the window power?
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

possible, but more likely the wire broke. See if you have power at the safing relay. There should be 2 hots, one on a small terminal that is hot with the key on, and one thats constant hot on a fat terminal. If the constant hot is not hot, the only thing between there and the starter relay is the wire and the fuse link.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gadget. Het. Here is a pic of all my fuse links. You can see that I spliced a blade fuse holder into the ecm wiring. That's a- I did. I can tell you my ashtray lighter is not working because i just plugged my cell charger in. I checked the manual, and i dont see windows listed with the ashtray lighter. Which link should i check?
      87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
      Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Duhh. Scratch that on the ashtray lighter not working. I'm dopey. I had the power disconnected when i plugged it in. So it should just be the winduws.

Comment

I probed the opposite side of each fusible link and it appears as though the only thing i dont have power at is the rectangle metal object.

Comment

I Cant even get power when i probe the bare metal contact surface of the square metal thing. Its too rusty. Must be it.

Comment

power window circuit breaker. it probably bit the dust. you can get a replacement for that at most parts places. I don't remember the current rating though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah crusty connections will screw you up bigtimes. Clean all of the connections there along with the stud and try again.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yup. That was it. Can't believe it would have connection before removal, but after re-installation it wouldn't get contact. Out of curiosity, what is that srectangle relay called, where to buy, and about how much? Alternative replacement?

Comment

I scraped it bare with a razor blade in the autozone parking lot.

Comment

Btw. What is it that shares a terminal with the ecu? 2 ecu yellow wires ran into 1 fuse link, then connected to a black wire into one common terminal. What is that black wire?
                      Last edited by 87stars_stripes; 06-05-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X